1. The Fall Band/Choir concert is tonight! Band concert begins at 6:00 PM, doors open at 5:45 PM. Choir concert begins at 7:15 PM, doors open at 6:45 PM.
2. Indiana’s 21st Century Scholars Program offers income-eligible Hoosier students up to four years of paid tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university after they graduate from high school. Scholars who enroll are connected to programs and resources to help them plan, prepare, and pay for college. 7th and 8th grade Indiana students whose families meet income eligibility guidelines must apply to become a 21st Century Scholar by June 30 of the student’s 8th grade year. You can apply online at www.Scholars.IN.gov
Counselor for students with the last name A-K – Mrs. Elizabeth Fortuna (317) 477-4616 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor for students with the last name L-Z – Mrs. Stephanie Belcher (317) 477-4616 or email@example.com
3. 8th grade students going on the Washington DC field trip will be selling Yankee Candles as a fundraiser. We will distribute catalogs on September 30.
4. Immunization Update/Exclusion from School:
We still have several students that are not in compliance. Please note that if you are not in compliance you will have been in receipt of your second letter last week. In addition, the final notice will be going out September 25,2014. Beginning October 1, 2014, students will be EXCLUDED from school. If the student arrives to school on this date, they can remain in the building until the end of the day. However, they will be removed from the presence of other students and placed in a separate classroom/conference room. At the end of the day, a parent/guardian will have to pick them up from school as they will not be permitted on the bus due to being excluded.
Here are a few options for receiving vaccines:
a. Most physician offices do not require a doctor’s appointment for vaccines. The parent can call and schedule an appointment just for a vaccine. This is typically a more flexible, easy to schedule appointment.
b. The Hancock County Health Department can administer vaccines by appointment. Their number is 477-1125.
c. Local pharmacies can administer vaccines, but they are limited by laws. Please contact one of them for more details d. Parents can call health departments in other counties if they are unable to get into the Hancock County Health Department.
Also understand that you must provide documentation to the school after vaccines are received. Calling to tell us the vaccine was given does not meet the documentation requirements. We would prefer to avoid the issues listed above as we want the students in class. Therefore, if you have questions or concerns about meeting the compliance of the immunizations, please contact Corporation Nurse, Mrs. Dawn Hanson (477-4601) to discuss. Otherwise, we will expect that all records are up to date prior to the October 1st exclusion date.
5. Students have been doing an excellent job following our dress code! We appreciate your support in making sure students have a long shirt or sweatshirt over leggings.
6. Take a minute to sign up your Marsh Fresh Idea card for the Junior High! Your shopping accumulates points for teachers to get classroom supplies. www.freshideasforeducation.com and enter your card # and our school code # 49955
9/23 Cross Country @ MV
7th Grade Football @ Doe Creek
8th Grade Football vs. Doe Creek HOME Tennis vs. Belzer MS HOME Volleyball vs. New Castle HOME
9/25 Cross Country vs. Clark Pleasant and MV HOME Tennis @ Franklin Township MS Volleyball vs. Shelbyville HOME
9/26 Soccer @ Doe Creek
10/6-10/17 Fall Break- No School
10/22 Picture Retakes
10/29 and 11/5 Parent Teacher Conferences
For more information go to our website: http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us
For the latest information go to our Twitter: @GCJHS_principal
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High School
• Attached is information about pre-school screening. If you have a preschooler or know someone who would benefit, please pass it on.
• We will have our 8th Grade Washington DC Fundraiser meeting 6pm-7pm on Wednesday, September 10, in the cafeteria. Please join us!
• Remember: Book rental is due September 22. You can send a check to the school or pay online www.mypaymentsplus.com
• Congratulations to the 8th Grade volleyball team for winning the County Tournament this weekend!
The Technology Council has been tasked with considering the critical components of our Digital Learning Initiative proposal. This proposal will be presented as a first reading to the Board of School Trustees of the Greenfield-Central CSC at the regularly scheduled November 2014 Board Meeting. it is imperative that teachers, parents and community members have the opportunity to have a voice in this initiative and its planning. We have created surveys to gather this information.
There are a few important things you need to know about the surveys:
1. The surveys are ANONYMOUS. You will have the option to put your name on your responses at the end of the survey, but this is completely optional. Please give your honest feedback.
2. WE NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU! In order to make an informed decision, we need feedback from our teachers, parents and community members.
3. The deadline to complete the survey is MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 15th. The survey data will be shared with our Technology Council at our September 17, 2014 meeting.
Please click on the following link to complete the parent survey:
A Look Ahead
9/9 7th and 8th Grade Football @ Knightstown 6pm (note the change!)
Cross Country vs. Pendleton Heights and Heritage Christian HOME
Soccer @ Warren Central
Tennis @ Stonybrook Middle School
9/10 Tennis @Shenandoah
9/11 Volleyball vs Mt Vernon HOME
9/12 Tennis vs Waldron HOME
Soccer vs Burris HOME
9/13 Volleyball Tournament HOME (@ the high school)
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High School
Parents can order pictures online at mylifetouch.com
Picture ID HM774232Y0
The seventh grade will be taking a field trip to the Children’s Museum in Indianapolis on Thursday, September 4th, 2014. We will be viewing the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit, which is one of the major items we studied this year. The buses will be leaving the school at approximately 8:45 a.m. and will be returning around 12:15 p.m. It will be important that students arrive to school on time and do not have appointments between those times.
There is no charge for this trip, but all students must have their permission slips turned in by Thursday, August 28th, 2014. We need to have everything collected and in order to completely register with the Children’s Museum.
This is an excellent opportunity for our students, and we look forward to this experience. As always, we expect the best from our students during outings such as this one. The students are expected to follow school and museum guidelines at all times. It will also be expected that students dress appropriately.
We look forward to this opportunity, and we hope that you and your child do as well. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact your child’s Social Studies teacher for that as well.
The Seventh Grade Social Studies Team
Enroll your Marsh Fresh IDEA card, O’Malia’s CouponPlus card or MainStreet Market Reward$ card and help our school earn FREE educational equipment every time you shop.
Please join us for a informational meeting about the 8th grade field trip to Washington, D.C. We will meet in the cafeteria at 6:30pm on Wednesday, August 6. We will be finished before the start of Meet Your Child’s Teacher Night.
Please bring your child’s class schedule and we will follow the rotation below:
Period 1 7:00-7:10
Period 2 7:15-7:25
Period 3 7:30-7:40
Period 4 7:45-7:55
Period 5 8:00-8:10
Period 6 8:15-8:25
Period 7 8:30-8:40
*8th grade ELA teachers will all meet in the media center (except for Quest/Honors classes)
· Overview of course curriculum
· Classroom expectations regarding student grades, homework completion, daily procedures, etc.
· Contact information to enable parents to communicate with teachers.