Principal’s Update 9/7/16
1. School pictures are September 16. You can log in to LifeTouch and order picture packages now with code HM786146Y0. Packets were sent home as well. Athletics pictures will be after school on this day.
2. The deadline to sign up for the 8th grade trip to Washington, D.C. is approaching. If you think you and/or your child may want to go, please sign up. You can be removed from the list, but it is difficult or sometimes not possible to add you later. Here is the link with more information: https://docs.google.com/
document/d/1dRJz_ 85Ey24IhzibB08VaQcumEdSuVxI4A_ pjKYTQRU/edit?usp=sharing–
3. We introduced the school-wide fundraiser to students on Friday. We will have a walk-a-thon on September 22. Students are asked to get donations for walking an hour. Donations go to Riley Children’s Hospital, student incentives, field trips, benevolence, and many other costs that come up throughout the year. Students will have contests and incentives to get donations. Our goal is for each student to get $7 in donations
4. This is Homecoming Week! Students can wear sports themes/jerseys tomorrow and Friday is Blue and Gold Day. Students must pay to get in to high school sporting events.
5. There is a homecoming parade that begins at 4:30pm on Friday.
The parade route will be: Harris/GIS Parking lot to Oak Boulevard, to Park Avenue, to Noble Street, to North Street, to Broadway. All entries will return to the Harris/GIS parking lot, where the parade started.
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO): Meets the last Wednesday of each month in the school cafeteria! Please consider joining!
Students can be dropped off to wait outside in the morning. The doors to the building will be open beginning at 8:20a.m. each day.
Breakfast is available for $1.75, to students every school day, at 8:20a.m.
Textbook Fees can be turned in to the front office. 7th Grade fees are $150.26 8th Grade fees are $149.47
September 16: School Pictures and Athletic Team Pictures
September 22: Walk-a-thon Fundraiser
September 28: PTO Meeting
October 3-14: Fall Break
November 16 and February 8: Elearning days (students work from home)
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High