1. Next Tuesday, December 13, we will have our Winter Fine Arts Festival in the GCJHS gym. The crowds have been growing and our cafeteria is no longer big enough to accommodate the audience. Parking will still be a challenge, so please allow extra time.
2. With cold temperatures heading our way, please make sure your child wears a coat. If temperatures dip below freezing, students will be permitted to come into the building beginning at 8:00 a.m. FOCUS (homework help) is available every day, starting at 7:30a.m. in room B151
3. The Greenfield Central Junior High School PTO hosted the 2nd annual Trivia Night on 11/28. There were over 50 parents and students in attendance vying for several great prizes, the grand prize 4 tickets to the Pacers! The event netted $165 to be used for classroom purchases for the upcoming Spring Session. In addition to the initial Kleenex Boxes that were distributed after the Thanksgiving Break, the PTO is planning on purchasing classroom supplies including dry erase markers, folders and other items off of the wishlist. In December, the PTO plans to provide all of hardworking teachers with a holiday cookie party.
4. NWEA tests this week. We are challenging students to “beat” their fall scores. Students get their results immediately and teachers will get class data near the end of the semester. Students will qualify for APE Day (December 21st,) if they improve in two or more testing areas.
5. Students in grades seven through eleven are eligible to travel to Japan with the Sister Cities of Greenfield program. The cost has been lowered to $750 and scholarships are available for those who qualify. The deadline for Sister Cities travel applications is rapidly approaching. (Friday, December 16) Download your application from the Sister Cities website: sistercitiesofgreenfield.org.
6. Don’t know what to get your GCJHS student for Christmas? How about buying them their yearbook at a discounted price. Now until December 31st, the 2017 GCJHS yearbook is only $25.00. The price goes up January 1st, so get your yearbook now. You may order online at https://yearbookforever.com or you can fill out the attached order form and send it to school.
7. Attention Washington D.C. Trip Parents: 2nd payments were due November 15th. If you have not made a payment toward the trip by December 8, the student and/or chaperone will be removed from the trip. We have to lock in the hotel rooms and buses by that day. Yankee Candle profits will not be applied to accounts until late December or early January. Those with a surplus in their accounts would be eligible for refunds in the spring. If everyone currently on the list stays on the list, this will be the largest group Greenfield Central Junior High has ever taken! Please contact Grueninger Tours with questions http://www.gogmt.com/contactus.html or (800) 225-9919.
8. We will run our Toys for Tots Drive 11/28-12/9. Students can bring a new, unwrapped toy to 1st period. Two toys earns one free admission to the Christmas Party & Dance on Friday, December 9 3:30-5:00pm.
Interested in chaperoning this event? Contact Mrs. Greene.
December 6: 7th Grade field trip IRT
December 9: Christmas Party and Dance 3:30pm-5:00pm
December 13: Winter Fine Arts Festival (Bands, Choirs, Strings) in the GCJHS Gym
December 19 and 20: Semester Exams
Breakfast is available for $1.75, to students every school day, at 8:20 a.m.
Textbook Fees can be turned in to the front office. 7th Grade fees are $150.26 8th Grade fees are $149.47
Connect with us:
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”