Principal’s Update 5/8/17
1. Students interested in participating in the talent show are encouraged to pick up an application in the Student Services Office. Applications are due May 18 and auditions are after school on May 19.
2. The Choir Celebration Concert is Tuesday, May 9, at 7pm
3. The Percussion Concert will be at GCHS on May 11.
The Parade of Bands will be at GCHS on May 16.
4. GCJHS is working to be certified as a Common Sense Media Certified School. Check out this tip sheet for online safety! https://
d2e111jq13me73.cloudfront.net/ sites/default/files/6-12- familytip-onlinesecurity_3.pdf
Attention 8th grade parents:
1. The trip to Washington, D.C. is just 3 days away! If you have any last minute questions, email Mrs. Greene. firstname.lastname@example.org
Students riding even numbered busses should arrive at 5:50pm, and those riding odd numbered busses should arrive at 6:00pm Please note that students should be dropped off at the front doors. Only travelers will be allowed in the classroom staging areas. The busses will leave at 6:30pm.
More information is available here: https://docs.google.com/
presentation/d/ 1v7tIxQu4Ud3nzZJfAsKIjrKeOL0V2 9YFgYG3khLq1-o/edit?usp= sharing
2. All 8th grade students are encouraged to attend their awards program in the evening of May 25th, even if they are not going to receive an award.
3. 8th Grade Dance tickets will be available for sale for $12. Only GCJHS 8th graders are permitted to attend the dance.
May 9: Choir Celebration Concert
May 10-14: 8th Grade Trip to Washington, D.C.
May 11: Percussion Concert @GCHS
May 16: 8th grade visit to the High School (8:30-2:00)
Parade of Bands @GCHS 7PM
May 20: 8th Grade Dance
May 25: 7th grade awards, 9 AM
8th grade awards, 7 PM
May 26: Last Student Day
1. Breakfast is available for $1.75, to students every school day.
2. Buy a yearbook at https://yearbookforever.com
3. Please remember to check your child’s lunch account regularly. The cashiers remind students when accounts are getting low. You can log in to https://www.ezschoolpay.com/
Login.aspx to manage lunch accounts and set a notification for low balances. Students can also make deposits into their accounts with cash or checks in the lunch line.
4. Students will be permitted to come into the building beginning at 8:20 a.m. each morning. FOCUS (homework help) is available every day, starting at 7:30a.m. in room B151
Connect with us:
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High