Principal’s Update 08/20/18
- School pictures are Friday! Students were given their picture packets today. If they didn’t make it home, or you prefer to order online. Students in Wellness classes will be allowed to get their pictures before changing for class. https://my.lifetouch.com/
- Fall Sports pictures will be after school on Friday. Coaches will provide more details and order forms.
- Sign up for the 8th grade trip to Washington, DC! The deadline to register is September 15. https://gogmt.com/greenfield-
- This Friday after school the GCJHS Student Council will host the first annual Water Wars! Wednesday through Friday, students may pay $3 and sign up at lunch! Those who wish to participate in an Ice Bucket Challenge may pick up pledge forms at lunch too! They will have a giant water slide, water relay races and games, and water gun fights! Students may bring their own water guns, but must keep them in their lockers during school. Students should wear a regular gym t-shirt and shorts as well as tennis shoes, and a towel and plan to have fun! They will serve popsicles too! Proceeds go to Riley Children’s Hospital!
- We encourage students to attend our athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- We will have three eLearning Days this year, where students will work from home and teachers will keep office hours. The dates are September 26, November 1, and January 30.
- School days cancelled due to weather will also be eLearning days this year.
- Students can be dropped off to wait outside in the morning. The doors to the building will be open beginning at 8:20 a.m. each day.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school.
- Textbook Fees can be turned in anytime this month. $150.12 for 7th grade and $149.05 for 8th grade.
If you still want to purchase insurance for your child’s MacBook, it will need to be inspected at the time of payment. This can be done during the school day. Insurance costs $50 and has a $40 deductible for each claim.
August 24: School Pictures/ Sports Pictures
September 3: Labor Day (No School)
September 15: Washington DC signup deadline
September 26: eLearning Day
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You can sign up on our webpage to receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates.
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
There have been callout meetings for several clubs this past week. Here are the groups and the staff contact:
Art Club- Mrs. Holden email@example.com
AOK Club- Ms. Waymire firstname.lastname@example.org
Friendship Bracelet Club email@example.com
Prism Club- Miss Flores firstname.lastname@example.org
Robotics Club- Mr. Statzer email@example.com
Spell Bowl- Mr. Jankowski firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Council- Mrs. Greene email@example.com
TV News- Mr. Spencer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our competition schedule is available here http://gcjhsathletics.weebly.
- We will post game cancellations on Twitter. @GCJrHighAP and @GCJHS_principal
- Are you taking some great sports action shots? Email pics to email@example.com for our photo displays and social media posts. Or tweet pics to @GCJHS_principal.
Events this week:
Monday, Aug. 20:
- Boys’ Soccer @ Southport — 5:30pm
- Girls’ Soccer @ Southport — approx. 6:45pm
- Cross Country @ Greensburg Invitational — 6:00pm
Tuesday, Aug. 21:
7th/8th Volleyball vs. Tri — 5:30pm
Thursday, Aug. 23:
- 7th/8th Volleyball vs. Knightstown — 5:30pm
- Cross Country vs. Raymond Park — 5:00pm
- 7th/8th Football @ Eastern Hancock — 6:00pm
- Tennis @ Pendleton Heights — 5:30pm
Saturday, Aug. 25:
Tennis @ Waldron Invitational — 9:00am
You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up at the bottom of our webpage http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please email “Stop” to gcjhs-parents-leave@listserv.
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School