Principal’s Update 10/22
- eLearning at the Boys and Girls Club
- Indoor Soccer Info
1. Please join us at Jim Dandy tonight for our Junior High Night Fundraiser.
2. Parent-Teacher conferences are scheduled for October 29 and November 6. Parents can come either day, anytime between 4 pm and 7 pm and meet with your child’s teachers. To speak to a teacher, just stop by their table. If that teacher is busy, simply find another teacher on your child’s schedule and meet with them first. This format allows more parents to meet with more teachers.
3. We will have an informational meeting for parents of 7th-grade students interested in going to Chicago in May. This will be our third year to take this one-day trip to Chicago. If your child is interested in going, please plan to attend the information night in the cafeteria, on Tuesday, November 2, at 7 pm.
4. Dear Parents/Guardians:
The Hancock County Health Department will be available to administer flu shots to students in grades 4-12, during regular school hours. No parent or guardian needs to be present, but online registration must be completed for your student to receive their flu shot at school. Directions for online registration can be found at the bottom of this message, but also on the attached flyer. Should you have health insurance, your insurance information is entered during the online registration process. Should you not have health insurance, your student can still receive the vaccine for free, but you must still register for your student to receive the vaccine.
Vaccination clinic date at GCJHS: October 29, 2019
If registered, your student will receive their flu vaccine at school on the day the HCHD is present at your student’s building.
If you would like for your student to receive an influenza vaccination at the school-based clinic, please register at: www.schoolcares.com
- Enter enrollment code: IN10647
- Select location and clinic date
- Enter demographic information
- Enter insurance information. If no insurance, please indicate, you will still be able to receive influenza vaccine.
- Authorization and consent. Your electronic signature is needed to complete the registration.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Hancock County Health Department at 317-477-1125 prior to the clinic date, or you may e-mail email@example.com
8th Grade DC Trip Info
- The next restaurant night fundraiser is tonight at Jim Dandy.
- Sign up for the Run3ForDC 5k Run/Walk! It will take place on Saturday, October 26 on the GCJHS campus. Register online with this link.
- The Applebee’s Flapjack breakfast scheduled for November 9, has been postponed. We will have a Junior High Night at Applebee’s on November 21.
Clubs and Contacts
- G4C jFrye@gcsc.k12.in.us and B4C jSpencer@gcsc.k12.in.us
- Spell Bowl firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yearbook email@example.com
- Acts of Kindness Club (AOK) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Makers Club email@example.com
- Builders Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Buddies email@example.com
- Prism firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Council email@example.com
- Writing Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robotics Club email@example.com
- October 21: GCJHS Night at Jim Dandy
- October 25: Report cards available after 3 pm
- October 26: Run3ForDC 5k Run/Walk
- October 28: Band, Choir and Strings Concert
- October 29: Picture Retakes
- October 29 and November 6: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- November 5: Info meeting for 7th grade trip to Chicago, 7 pm
- November 7: eLearning Day (Students work from home)
- November 21: Dine to Donate at Applebee’s
Here are ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
Winter sports tryouts and practices will begin this week. Athletes must have a physical and RankOne online form completed in order to tryout.
- Boys Basketball tryouts begin Tuesday, October 22. 8th grade will begin after school and 7th grade will begin at 7pm.
- Girls Basketball will begin November 25 (open gym start today)
- Wrestling will begin December 2.
- Club Swimming begins in January.
- This year, we will have two eLearning Days (November 7 and February 5). A change from last year is our schools will no longer be open those days for kids to come and work. We are working with some local agencies (like the Boys and Girls Club) to find a place for kids who don’t have supervision at home those days.
- Car rider traffic- Please drop your child off along the curb. In order to keep all students safe during pick up and drop off, we ask that you only park in the parking lot if you plan to come into the building or the traffic has cleared.
- Lunch Menu
- If you would like to bring lunch for your child, please contact the office to reserve a conference room. Students can choose friends to eat in the conference room as well.
- We encourage students to attend athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school for $1.75.