Principal’s Update 12/16/19
Washington, D.C. Trip Meeting information http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2020-DC-travelers-and-parent-Meeting-Dec-2019.pdf
1. Weather sure can make an impact on our schedules! Your child should have had access to all eLearning assignments, this morning, through Google Classroom. Students will have until the end of the week to complete those assignments, if they forgot their device at school or did not have internet access.
2. CONCERT UPDATE
Due to the cancellation on Monday, we will have all concerts on Tuesday evening. See schedule below.
- 6:00pm – 7th Grade Choirs
- 6:30pm – 8th Grade Choirs
3. GCJHS Drama Presents: North Pole’s Got Talent
- 7:00pm in the Cafeteria/LGI
- Tickets are $2 for adults $1 for students.
- The play includes many talented elves, reindeer and Winter time characters.This show is sure to get you into the holiday spirit and entertain you with really bad puns!
- The runs about 40 minutes.
4.Friday morning, we will provide students with copies of their 2nd semester schedules. Most classes will stay the same, but related arts classes will change and may affect the order of classes.
- December 17: Choir, Band, and Strings Concert
- December 19: Winter Play, 7pm
- December 19: Final Exams in periods 1,3,5,7
- December 20: Final Exams in periods 2,4,6
- December 23-January 3: Winter Break
- January 6: School Resumes
Reminder: Any student who plans to participate/try-out for any sport must have an updated physical turned into the GCJHS office and submit the required online paperwork through RankOne. Please contact Mr. Wilson with any questions @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, December 18th: 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball – A Teams @ Home vs Eastern Hancock @ 5:30pm
Thursday, December 19th: 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball Teams (Season Opener) @ Home vs Eastern Hancock @ 5:30pm
Student-Athlete of the Week
Boston Willard is the student-athlete of the week. Coach Norris states that, Boston is an incredibly hard worker, and a great kid who is a tremendous asset to our team in every way imaginable. His teachers all speak highly of him, and he excels both in the classroom and athletic arena. Solid work, Boston!
Coach of the Month
GCJHS Athletics Coach of the Month Recognition: Do you feel your student-athlete’s coach has done a tremendous job w/ communication, putting student-athletes first, or simply providing a great experience for your son or daughter?Please consider nominating him/her for “Coach of the Month” by filling out the following form: https://forms.gle/of3BJ2rJjLy5oGGw9
Clubs and Contacts
- G4C jFrye@gcsc.k12.in.us and B4C jSpencer@gcsc.k12.in.us
- Spell Bowl email@example.com
- Yearbook firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acts of Kindness Club (AOK) email@example.com
- Makers Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Builders Club email@example.com
- Best Buddies firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prism email@example.com
- Student Council firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing Club email@example.com
- Robotics Club firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store.
- We are offering math tutoring at GCJHS on Mondays and Wednesday, after school until 4:30pm.
- 2019-2020 Yearbooks can be ordered online for $29. Follow this link to order yours!
- We will have a planned eLearning Day February 5.
- Car rider traffic- Please drop your child off along the curb. In order to keep all students safe during pick up and drop off, we ask that you only park in the parking lot if you plan to come into the building or the traffic has cleared.
- Lunch Menu
- If you would like to bring lunch for your child, please contact the office to reserve a conference room. Students can choose friends to eat in the conference room as well.
- We encourage students to attend our athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school for $1.75.
Principal, Greenfield-Central Junior High School