Principal’s Update 11/2/15
1. ISTEP Parent letters will be sent home with your child on Tuesday. This letter has information about how to log in to the ISTEP+ website and see test scores later this month.
2. We had a great turnout for Parent Teacher Conferences last week. Please call the office if you still want to sign up to meet with a teacher on November 5.
3. NWEA Map test make-ups are finishing today and tomorrow. In the coming weeks, you receive more information about your child’s scores and what they mean.
4. The Veteran’s Day program will begin at 9:30am on Tuesday, November 11. This program is led by our students. Students are encouraged to invite veterans to the program.
1. For those families in need of Christmas assistance, United Christmas Service applications are now available at the school. Applications will be accepted through November 16th. For further information, please contact Mrs. Fortuna (students with the last name A-K) or Mrs. Belcher (students with the last name L-Z), school counselor, at 477-4616.
2. If you know someone who would like to receive the GCJHS parent newsletter, please let them know they can sign up on our webpage.
3. We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Instagram- gc_jhs and gcjhs_principal
4. Breakfast is available to students every morning before school.
5. We would love for everyone to register the Junior High on your Marsh Fresh Idea card. This is a simple, 3 minute web task. We use the points from Marsh to buy supplies and materials for the classroom! Go to http://www.freshideasforeducation.com and enter our school code: 49955
6. Please turn in book rental to the front office.
> November 3: Spell Bowl Competition @ Eastern Hancock
> November 4: PTO Meeting 6:30pm
> November 5: Parent Teacher Conferences (3:40pm-7:10pm)
> November 10: Fall Play Performance
> November 11- Veteran’s Day Program 9:30am
> November 16: Picture Retakes
> November 25th-27th: Thanksgiving Break
> December 3: 7th Grade field trip to A Christmas Carol
> December 15: Band and Choir Concert
> December 21st-January 1st: Winter Break
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School