1. We began administering the middle of year (MOY) NWEA Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) Test this week. The test window will close on December 16th. Your child’s results will be available in the Powerschool Online Parent Portal on December 21st. As a reminder, the beginning of year test was taken later than we normally will, so students’ growth may not be as great as you will see in future results.
2. NEW ISTEP TEST INFORMATION: The Indiana Department Of Education is pleased to announce the ISTEP+ “Experience” opportunity is now available through Pearson. This will allow you to see sample technology enhanced questions and allow your child to practice. Please see below and refer to attachments 4 & 5 for more information on how to access.
> Experience is presented via the Pearson online platform (TestNav 8) that will be used for ISTEP+ online testing, as well as IREAD-3 online testing. The purpose of Experience is for students, educators, parents, and community members to see how test items similar to those on the ISTEP+ Part 2 assessment are presented in the online system. Experience makes a great classroom-based activity! Please see the attached (#4 below) memorandum for more information.
> Experience Answer Keys
> The Experience Answer Keys document is attached to this email, and will be posted on the IDOE website. Parents and educators are welcome to use this document in working with students, as it is a non-secure resource.
> An additional note….
> ISTEP+ Practice Tests are coming in early January and are a REQUIRED part of the test administration. Presented via Pearson’s TestNav 8 platform, ISTEP+ Practice Tests are only available for use by educators with students.
3. Sister Cities of Greenfield offers a youth exchange program every year with an opportunity for students to travel to Kakuda, Japan in June, 2016. This opportunity is available to Greenfield-Central Junior High and High School students. Please see the attachment for more details! Students can pick up an application in the Student Services office.
4. GCJHS Swimming and Diving Club parent meeting is Tuesday, December 8 at the High School Aquatic Center. If your child is interested in participating in Swim Club, plan to attend.
5. Greenfield Central Aquatic Team Apparel Sale
GCAT Swim Club is excited to launch an online apparel store, where you can shop for Greenfield Central items at great prices. Lots of options to choose from. All orders are completed and paid for online. Simply follow the link, shop, and use secure online payment to finalize your order. Orders will be accepted through Tuesday, December 8. No orders will be accepted after this date. Your items will arrive in time for Christmas, and can be picked up on Thursday, December 17, at the GCHS pool from 6:00-8:30PM. For questions, please contact Melany Walden at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SALES ARE FINAL; Shop at www.companycasuals.com/gcspiritwear
1. If you know someone who would like to receive the GCJHS parent newsletter, please let them know they can sign up on our webpage.
2. We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Instagram- gc_jhs and gcjhs_principal
3. Breakfast is available to students every morning before school.
4. We would love for everyone to register the Junior High on your Marsh Fresh Idea card. This is a simple, 3 minute web task. We use the points from Marsh to buy supplies and materials for the classroom! Go to http://www.freshideasforeducation.com and enter our school code: 49955
December 11: Christmas Dance (After school until 5:00pm, $2 admission)
December 15: Band, Strings and Choir Concert
December 17 and 18: End of semester exams
December 21-January 1: Winter Break
January 4: School Resumes
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School