Principal’s Update 11/30/15
1. We will begin the second round of NWEA testing this Friday. Students will have a block schedule beginning Friday and all of next week so students can finish each test in one session. Friday, Tuesday and Thursday will be “odd days” (periods 1,3,5,7) and Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be “even days” (periods 2,4,6). This will be a good chance for students to experience what it will be like at the high school, since G-CHS runs on a block schedule every day. The third and last round of NWEA testing will be in May.
2.The G-C School Board approved moving all of our athletics club sports (except swimming) back to school sports. As a result, 6th grade students will no longer participate in junior high sports. Also, transportation and participation fees will be assessed instead of the club fees, and coaches will be hired and evaluated by GCJHS administrators. Sports affected by this change are tennis, soccer, wrestling, baseball and softball. We are thrilled to have these school sports again!
3. Each year, we ask parent volunteers to bake Christmas cookies for our Teacher Christmas Cookie Party. This year, with the help of the PTO, the cookie party will be held after school on Thursday, December 17. If you would like to bake cookies for the staff, please click here here to sign up.
4. Girls basketball tryouts begin tonight at GCJHS. Please note the change in location! 8th grade will start after school until 5:30pm. 7th grade will tryout 5:30-7:00pm.
1. If you know someone who would like to receive the GCJHS parent newsletter, please let them know they can sign up on our webpage.
2. We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Instagram- gc_jhs and gcjhs_principal
3. Breakfast is available to students every morning before school.
4. We would love for everyone to register the Junior High on your Marsh Fresh Idea card. This is a simple, 3 minute web task. We use the points from Marsh to buy supplies and materials for the classroom! Go to http://www.freshideasforeducation.com and enter our school code: 49955
December 2: PTO meeting 6:00pm GCJHS cafeteria
December 3: 7th Grade field trip to A Christmas Carol
December 11: Christmas Dance
December 15: Band, Strings and Choir Concert
December 21-January 1: Winter Break
January 4: School Resumes
Dan Jack Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School