Principal’s Update 1/23/17
1. Flex Pilot eLearning Day is February 8. Please RSVP so we can account for all students for that day. Here is a direct link to the RSVP: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/1FAIpQLSdheIWJcsQvp6PuT7O_ nFEzrvhOsO6CMdzZVh– VwKv00gQaA/viewform
2. Sixty-three 8th grade students were chosen for the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP). The notification letters were sent out last week. Please contact Mrs. Belcher or Mr. Jack with any questions.
3. EZSchoolpay users: AT&T is blocking emails from EZSchoolpay.com as spam. They company has requested to have AT&T unblock them, but until this is corrected, you can add another parent account with a different email (other than AT&T) and get the emails until it is corrected.
4. Applications are now open for students interested in participating in the Indiana House Page Program during the 2017 legislative session.
While at the Statehouse, House pages spend the day touring the House and Senate chambers, the Indiana Supreme Court and governor’s office. They also observe the legislative session directly from the floor of the House, listening to debates on important issues.
Pages are also assigned age-appropriate tasks like delivering important messages and sorting files.
To be a page, applicants should be between the ages of 13 and 18. Student pages receive an excused absence from school.
For more information and to apply, click here or call 800-382-9841.
5. Special Olympics is having a Hancock County 2017 Winter Jam, on Saturday March 4th, 6:00PM. It will be at the 4H Building 620 N. Apple St. Greenfield. For more information, visit http://www.soinhancockcounty.
org/events/event/special- olympics-hancock-county-2017- winter-jam/
January 25: PTO meeting
January 27: Choir Solo/ensemble performances at GCJHS
February 8: Flex Pilot eLearning Day (students work from home)
February 20: President’s Day (NO SCHOOL) – Snow Make-up Day (if needed)
February 22: NAEP Testing for selected 8th grade students
February 27: ISTEP Part 1 Testing Window Opens
March 13-24: Spring Break (Weather Make-Up Days During First Five Days – if needed)
April 17: ISTEP Part 2 (Online Portion) Testing Window Opens
- Breakfast is available for $1.75, to students every school day, at 8:20 a.m.
- Buy a yearbook at https://yearbookforever.com.
- Please remember to check your child’s lunch account regularly. The cashiers remind students when accounts are getting low. You can log in to https://www.ezschoolpay.com/
Login.aspx to manage lunch accounts and set a notification for low balances. Students can also make deposits into their accounts with cash or checks in the lunch line.
- With cold temperatures heading our way, please make sure your child wears a coat. If temperatures dip below freezing, students will be permitted to come into the building beginning at 8:00 a.m. FOCUS (homework help) is available every day, starting at 7:30a.m. in room B151
Connect with us:
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High