Principal’s Update 1/30/17
1. Parents of 8th Graders- Please check out the post entitled, “On the Road to High School.” This is our transition program to get students (and their parents!) ready for high school. Please note the extracurricular open house and parent meeting at the high school is February 13.
2. There were 230 GCJHS students in 54 solos or ensembles who performed on Friday night. It was a terrific night of music!
3. We have received RSVPs from about 50% of parents for the eLearning Flex Pilot day on February 8. Please follow this link so we can account for all students for that day. Here is a direct link to the RSVP: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/1FAIpQLSdheIWJcsQvp6PuT7O_ nFEzrvhOsO6CMdzZVh– VwKv00gQaA/viewform
4. The 7th Grade Science fair will be in the cafeteria, on Tuesday. Participating students will stay after school to display their projects. Judging will occur 3:30-4:45pm. Then, parents and friends will be invited in at 4:45pm. Awards will be announced at 5:00pm.
5. The first softball preseason workout, for any girl interested and not already involved in a winter sport, will be after school Monday, February 6 until 5:00pm. Please bring a glove, bat and clothing to run in. Coach Grimes will meet the girls outside the gym doors at 3:40pm.
January 31: 7th Grade Science Fair
February 4: ISSMA Band Competitions *8th Grade only*
February 8: Flex Pilot eLearning Day (students work from home)
February 13: On the Road to High School – 8th Graders and their parents- open house 6pm-7pm, parent meeting 7pm
February 20: President’s Day (NO SCHOOL) – Snow Make-up Day (if needed)
February 22: NAEP Testing for selected 8th grade students
February 27: ISTEP Part 1 Testing Window Opens
March 13-24: Spring Break (Weather Make-Up Days During First Five Days – if needed)
April 17: ISTEP Part 2 (Online Portion) Testing Window Opens
1. Breakfast is available for $1.75, to students every school day, at 8:20 a.m.
2. Buy a yearbook at https://yearbookforever.com.
3. Please remember to check your child’s lunch account regularly. The cashiers remind students when accounts are getting low. You can log in to https://www.ezschoolpay.com/
Login.aspx to manage lunch accounts and set a notification for low balances. Students can also make deposits into their accounts with cash or checks in the lunch line.
4. With cold temperatures heading our way, please make sure your child wears a coat. If temperatures dip below freezing, students will be permitted to come into the building beginning at 8:00 a.m. FOCUS (homework help) is available every day, starting at 7:30a.m. in room B151
5. Sixty-three 8th grade students were chosen for the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP). The notification letters were sent out last week. Please contact Mrs. Belcher or Mr. Jack with any questions.
Connect with us:
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High