Principal’s Update 5/15/17
1. We took six charter buses filled with 251 students, parents and staff members to Washington, D.C. last week and we had a great time! Thanks to all the parents who came along with us!
2. Here is this week’s installment of social media tips for parents of junior high students from Common Sense Media: https://d2e111jq13me73.
cloudfront.net/sites/default/ files/6-12-familytip- boysgirlsandmediamessages_1. pdf
3. This afternoon, students who met their goal on their NWEA tests in all four areas will be given the link to sign up to go bowling on our last day of school. Tuesday, students who met their goal in three areas will have the opportunity to sign up. If there is still room, Wednesday, we will offer this link to students who met their goal in two areas, until all slots are filled. Students who do not go bowling will have opportunities to do different activities at school, including games in the gym, karaoke, board games, and a movie.
4. Student interested in participating in the talent show are encouraged to pick up an application in the Student Services Office. Applications are due May 18 and auditions are after school on May 19.
Attention 8th grade parents:
1. All 8th grade students are encouraged to attend their awards program in the evening of May 25th, even if they are not going to receive an award.
2. 8th Grade Dance is Saturday, 7:30pm-10pm! Students attending are asked to arrive between 7:00 pm and 7:30 pm, and may leave between 9:45 and 10:00 pm. Students will sign-in when they arrive.
May 16: 8th grade visit to the High School (8:30-2:00)
Parade of Bands @GCHS 7PM
May 20: 8th Grade Dance
May 25: 7th grade awards, 9 AM
8th grade awards, 7 PM
May 26: Last Student Day
Breakfast is available for $1.75, to students every school day.
Buy a yearbook at https://yearbookforever.com
Please remember to check your child’s lunch account regularly. The cashiers remind students when accounts are getting low. You can log in to https://www.ezschoolpay.com/
Login.aspx to manage lunch accounts and set a notification for low balances. Students can also make deposits into their accounts with cash or checks in the lunch line.
Students will be permitted to come into the building beginning at 8:20 a.m. each morning. FOCUS (homework help) is available every day, starting at 7:30a.m. in room B151
Connect with us:
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Information can be found at http://gcjhsathletics.weebly.
com Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High