Principal’s Update 1/7/19
Happy New Year!
1. Report Cards will be available online, through the parent Powerschool account, Wednesday afternoon.
2. Please remember to check your child’s lunch account regularly. The cashiers remind students when accounts are getting low. You can log in to https://www.ezschoolpay.com/Login.aspx to manage lunch accounts and set a notification for low balances. Students can also make deposits into their accounts with cash or checks in the lunch line.
3. 7th and 8th grade students earning a 3.75 GPA or higher, will be invited later this month to apply for National Junior Honor Society. There is an application packet that interested students will need to complete and return. If you think your child will qualify, please talk with him/her about the importance of carefully filling out the application by the deadline.
4. Our snow day on November 15 will be made up as an eLearning Day. Students will work from home that day. In the future, if school is cancelled due to weather, teachers will have the day’s assignments posted to Google Classroom by 9am.
5. We had two staff changes over break: Mrs. Erin Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org) is returning to GCJHS for Miss Sara Garringer, who is going into the mission field in Africa. Miss Katelyn Lee (email@example.com) will be joining us soon for Mrs. New.
6. The Fusionettes Dance Team is collecting books, DVDs, CDs, and video games for a service project to benefit Riley Hospital for Children. Items can be brought in for any age and should be in new or very good condition. These items can be brought to the GCJHS office with a note that they are for the dance team service project. The collection runs until February 1.
January 9: Report Cards available online.
January 21: Martin Luther King Day Snow Make-up Day (elearning day)
January 30: 3rd scheduled eLearning Day
February 13: “On the Road to High School” Schedule info night at G-CHS for 8th graders and parents. 6pm-7:30pm
February 18: President’s Day (No School) Snow Make-up Day, if needed.
March 5-15: High School Scheduling Appointments (G-CHS Counselors with 8th graders and parents during school, at GCJHS)
March 18-29: Spring Break (Weather Make-Up Days During First Five Days – if needed)
Our school events calendar can be found at this link.
Swimming and Diving practice begins today. Diving practice will be 6:15pm-7:15pm. Swimming practice will be 7pm-8:30pm. There is also a parent meeting at 7pm, at the G-CHS pool.
Monday, Jan. 7:
1. 7th/8th grade girls basketball vs. Pendleton Heights — 5:30pm
2. 7th/8th boys basketball (B teams) @ Greensburg — 5:30pm
Tuesday, Jan. 8:
1. Wrestling vs. Franklin Twp. East — 5:30pm
2. 7th/8th girls basketball @ Knightstown Intermediate School — 6:00pm
Wednesday, Jan. 9:
1. 7th grade boys basketball (A/B teams) vs. Fall Creek — 5:30pm
2. 8th grade boys basketball (A/B teams) @ Fall Creek — 5:30pm
Thursday, Jan. 10:
7th/8th boys basketball (A teams) vs. Stonybrook — 5:30pm
Friday, Jan. 11:
Winter Sports Pictures after school
Saturday, Jan. 12:
1. 7th/8th grade boys basketball @ New Castle Tournament
-7th grade plays at 8:30am
-8th grade plays at 11:00am
*7th grade championship game at 1:30pm
*8th grade championship game at 3:00pm
- During the winter months, students can be dropped off to wait inside the building beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Breakfast is available to students every school day.
- Yearbooks for the 2018-19 school year can be ordered for $27 at https://wpcgo.yearbookforever.com/c6WGq
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics– Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Powerschool App– Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. You can customize the dashboard to see only the headings you want to see. We do not calculate GPA at GCJHS and the lunch balance is not compatible with our system, so you can hide those headings.
Here are the school clubs have formed so far this year and the staff contact:
Art Club- Mrs. Holden firstname.lastname@example.org
AOK Club- Ms. Waymire email@example.com
Friendship Bracelet Club- Miss Circle firstname.lastname@example.org
Prism Club- Miss Flores email@example.com
Robotics Club- Mr. Statzer firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Council- Mrs. Greene email@example.com
Writing Club- Mrs. Cary firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodworking Club- Mr. Spencer email@example.com
Young Hoosier Book Club- Mrs. Taing firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up at the bottom of our webpage http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School