Principals Update 9/9/19
Middle Years (tips for parents of junior high students)https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Cy_KlhrVzRMW90NENSakxRazBPTWxTRFZ1dlBXNWRZbnNr/view?usp=sharing
Greenfield-Central School Foundation Red Letter Gala
- Our school-wide fundraiser will culminate Friday when students will walk around the track and stop at various kindness related stations. Junior high can be a tough age for students. We want to encourage everyone to be kind to each other. Our tagline, “Choose Kind” comes from the book and movie “Wonder.” The quote is “When given the choice between being right and being kind, choose kind.” Students can turn in their money envelopes to their first-period teachers. 100% of the money goes to GCJHS for school programs, student incentives, and benevolence.
- Please see the attached Rise Above It flier. This is a great opportunity for families to attend various break-out sessions sponsored by Hancock Regional.
- It’s Digital Citizenship Week! We are a proud Common Sense Media Certified School and we are passionate about digital citizenship. Each day this week, students will see a short video and discussion questions. Here are some links for parents as well!
|Help Kids Post, Comment, and Upload Responsibly – Family Tip Sheet; PDF Version||Help Kids Make Friends and Interact Safely Online – Family Tip Sheet; PDF Version||Finding Balance in Digital Life – Family Tip Sheet; PDF Version|
- If you did not pay textbook and lab fees at MacBook rollout in July, you should have received a bill in the mail. Please send the money with your child, or pay online with EZSchool Pay.
September 13: “Choose Kind” Walk-a-thon
September 26: GCJHS Night at Dairy Queen
October 21: GCJHS Night at Jim Dandy
October 26: Run3ForDC 5k Run/Walk
October 28: Band, Choir and Strings Concert
October 29 and November 6: Parent-Teacher Conferences
November 7: eLearning Day
Monday, Sept. 9th:
Boys Soccer vs. Burris Laboratory — 5:30pm
Tuesday, Sept. 10th:
1. Cross Country @ New Palestine — 5:30pm
2. Tennis vs. Highland — 5:30pm
Wednesday, Sept. 11th:
1. Tennis vs. Shenandoah — 5pm
2. 7th football vs. Southport — 5:45pm
3. 8th football @ Southport — 5:30pm
Thursday, Sept. 12th:
1. Girls Soccer vs. Highland — 5pm
Boys Soccer vs. Greensburg — 6pm
2. Volleyball @ Mount Vernon — 5:30pm
Saturday, Sept. 14th:
1. Cheer @ Eastern Hancock — TBD
2. Volleyball @ Eastern Hancock — 9am
3. Cross Country @ Westlane — 9am
4. Tennis @ New Palestine — 10am
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance, and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
Clubs and Contacts
- Spell Bowl [email protected]
- Yearbook [email protected]
- Acts of Kindness Club (AOK) [email protected]
- Makers Club [email protected]
- Builders Club [email protected]
- Best Buddies [email protected]
- Prism [email protected]
- Student Council [email protected]
- Writing Club [email protected]
- Robotics Club [email protected]
- Car rider traffic- Please drop your child off along the curb. In order to keep all students safe during pick up and drop off, we ask that you only park in the parking lot if you plan to come into the building or the traffic has cleared.
- Lunch Menu
- If you would like to bring lunch for your child, please contact the office to reserve a conference room. Students can choose friends to eat in the conference room as well.
- We encourage students to attend our athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- We will have two eLearning Days this year, where students will work from home and teachers will keep office hours. The dates are November 7 and February 5. School days canceled due to weather can also be eLearning days. If this occurs, details will be given in the automated phone call.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school for $1.75.
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School