Principal’s Update 12/9
1. Please be careful when dropping off and picking up your child. Student safety is important to everyone. Please drop off and pick up your child at the curb so he/she does not have to cross in front of traffic. We ask that you maintain a “school zone” speed while on school grounds.
2. DECEMBER CONCERTS
Strings & Choir Concert
- 6:30pm – 7th Grade Choirs
- 7:00pm – Strings (7th and 8th Grade)
- 7:30pm – 8th Grade Choirs
- Tuesday, 12/17/2019 7:00pm
3. The 8th grade DC trip update meeting on Wednesday, December 11, at 6:30pm. We will have important updates on flights, essay awards, and travel requirements. If you received an email from Grueninger stating you are behind on payments, please contact them ASAP to make arrangements.
- December 3-11: NWEA Middle of Year Testing
- December 11: DC Traveler Update Meeting, 6:30pm
- December 16: Choir and Strings Concert, 6:30pm
- December 17: Band Concert, 7pm
- December 19: Winter Play, 7pm
- December 19: Final Exams in periods 1,3,5,7
- December 20: Final Exams in periods 2,4,6
- December 23-January 3: Winter Break
Reminder: Any student who plans to participate/try-out for any Winter sport must have an updated physical turned into the GCJHS office and submit the required online paperwork through RankOne. Please contact Mr. Wilson with any questions @ email@example.com.
Monday, December 9th: 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball – B Teams @ Triton Central @ 5:30pm
Tuesday, December 10th: 7th Grade Boys Basketball – A & B Teams @ Home vs Southport @ 5:45pm
8th Grade Boys Basketball – A & B Teams @ Southport @ 5:45pm;
Thursday, December 12th: 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball – A Teams @ Pendleton Heights @ 5:30pm
Clubs and Contacts
- G4C jFrye@gcsc.k12.in.us and B4C jSpencer@gcsc.k12.in.us
- Spell Bowl firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yearbook email@example.com
- Acts of Kindness Club (AOK) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Makers Club email@example.com
- Builders Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Buddies email@example.com
- Prism firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Council email@example.com
- Writing Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robotics Club email@example.com
Here are ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store.
- We are offering math tutoring at GCJHS on Mondays and Wednesdays, after school until 4:30 pm.
- 2019-2020 Yearbooks can be ordered online for $29. Follow this link to order yours!
- We will have an eLearning Day February 5.
- Car rider traffic- Please drop your child off along the curb. In order to keep all students safe during pick up and drop off, we ask that you only park in the parking lot if you plan to come into the building or the traffic has cleared.
- Lunch Menu
- If you would like to bring lunch for your child, please contact the office to reserve a conference room. Students can choose friends to eat in the conference room as well.
- We encourage students to attend our athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school for $1.75.
Principal, Greenfield-Central Junior High School