Principal’s Update January 4, 2020
Happy New Year!
GC Swimming and Diving Club Information
- Weekly lesson plans posted by teachers.
- In the event of a snow day this year, we will continue to use the virtual learning model so that new instruction can be delivered and the year not be extended to make up for the missed day(s). Unlike with past snow days, we will be utilizing instruction which will mirror what we have been doing on Wednesdays during the Hybrid schedule. Students will be expected to log in for each class, according to their schedule. See this document for the daily schedule and the guidelines.
- If you have a child who is quarantined (either as a close contact or someone who had the virus), please make sure they are engaging in their classes while they are gone. Everyone should log into their google classroom according to the daily schedule, when at home, unless they are too sick to work.
Virtual School Information
The move to a hybrid schedule does not affect your child’s schedule. Everything is status quo for virtual school students.
- If you are having technology trouble, email our tech team at [email protected]
- All students should be logged into Google classroom every day. We ask parents to check Powerschool and help to encourage your child to log in to Google Classroom daily, and complete all assigned work. Powerschool may not have an accurate schedule. Here is the daily schedule for students.
- Families of Virtual Algebra students: please be watching for an email to register for second semester Algebra.
January 4-15: Hybrid Schedule
January 8: Report cards available on Powerschool after 3pm.
January 18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day- No School
January 21-February 1: NWEA Testing
February 15: Presidents Day- No School
Need assistance with a class? We encourage you to reach out to your teachers if you need some help with a class. Other options might include:
- Math tutoring after school each Monday and Thursday from 3:30-4:30.
- Please reach out to your school counselor for a copy of the corporation
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology’s Ask Rose tutoring services 7pm.-10pm, Sunday through Thursday 1-877-275-7673 or AskRose.org.
- Indiana Retired Teachers Association, 1pm.-5pm., Tuesday through
1. Greenfield Central Jr. High spectator limits for winter sports: Only parents/guardians will be allowed to attend home athletic events. Spectators must wear masks at all times. Admission remains $4/person. Concession sales will be limited to drinks and candy, which are all pre-packaged items. Please maintain distance from other households.
2. The swimming and diving club will have a virtual parent meeting tonight at 7pm. See attachment for more information. Questions can be directed to Coach Nagel ([email protected])
3. Our competition schedule is available here. This schedule still continues to change: http://gcjhsathletics.weebly.com/team-schedules.html
4. Contact Mr. Jeff Sincroft with any ECA/Athletics questions. [email protected]
The COVID-19 Parent Screening for Parents provided by the Indiana State Department of Health lists the following symptoms that will result in a student being sent home, or signal for a parent to keep a student home:
- Temperature of 100 or chills
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Cough or shortness of breath (especially new onset, uncontrolled cough)
- Diarrhea, nausea or vomiting, abdominal pain
- Headache (particularly new onset of severe headache, especially with fever)
- New loss of taste or smell
- This list does not include all possible symptoms. Other symptoms may be considered when determining when a student should stay home.
Symptomatic students or staff members may return to work/school per the ISDH Return to School Guidance. The simplified version is that symptomatic students and staff may return when:
- Symptoms are improved for 24 hours, fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing agents, and a negative COVID-19 test. Documentation of the negative test is required.
- Ten days have passed since the onset of symptoms, symptoms have improved for 24 hours, and fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing agents. No documentation is required from a healthcare provider.
- Alternate diagnosis given by a healthcare provider. Documentation from the provider must give a return date and state that his/her illness was “not related to COVID-19” or “Cleared to return to school/work”.
If a student or staff member is identified as a close contact to a non-GC related confirmed COVID-19 positive case (for example, spouse, grandparent, non-GC co-worker, etc.), documentation must be provided by a health department or healthcare provider indicating the first date of return. GC is not responsible for initiating or conducting contact tracing on non-GC related exposure. This documentation must have the student or employee’s name on it and their earliest return to work/school date.
If your student is asked to stay home for 10 days by the clinic, which is following CDC guidelines, he/she will be coded in PowerSchool attendance as VIRT- COV — Virtual Temporary due to COVID -19. This is the coding that the Indiana Department of Education has asked us to use. This coding DOES NOT mean that your student has been moved to our corporation’s virtual program.
Please understand that only staff members see this information. Also, it does not necessarily mean that your student has COVID-19, it just means that your student is absent due to a COVID-19 situation. If your student is asked to quarantine, he/she should reach out to his/her teachers via email and/or Google Classroom so that your child can stay connected and working during the absence.
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please email “Stop” to [email protected]
PrincipalGreenfield Central Junior High SchoolTwitter: @GCJHS_principal