Principals Update March 1, 2021
Hurray for March!
- Weekly lesson plans posted by teachers.
- 2020-2021 Yearbooks are available for sale at this link.
7th Grade Parents:
We are assessing how we help students make the transition from 6th grade to 7th grade. Please help us by filling out this brief survey. 7th Grade Parent Survey
8th Grade Information:
Scheduling for 8th grade students is right around the corner. High school counselors will be sending out information soon, about high school scheduling. They will be in our building beginning March 31st to assist with the scheduling process for next year. We have created a Sign Up Genius for you to fill out if you would like to take part in this process. Onsite students will meet with their high school counselor at the junior high and you can join via google meet or phone. Virtual students can meet with their high school counselor via google meet or phone as well. If you are interested in selecting a date/time that works best for you, please fill out the attached Sign Up Genius. If you do not sign up for a time, a date/time will be selected for your student.
Last names beginning with:
A-E- (Mr. Rentfrow) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0C49ADA72AA3FC1-last
F-L- (Mrs. Foster) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0C49ADA72AA3FC1-last1
M-Sl- (Mrs. Knecht) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0C49ADA72AA3FC1-last2
Sm-Z- (Mrs. Kile) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0C49ADA72AA3FC1-last3
Virtual School Information
- ILEARN for virtual students is scheduled for April 19, 21, and 22.
- If you are having technology trouble, email our tech team at [email protected]
- All students should be logged into Google classroom every day. We ask parents to check Powerschool and help to encourage your child to log in to Google Classroom daily, and complete all assigned work. Powerschool may not have an accurate schedule. Here is the daily schedule for students.
March 15-26: Spring Break
April 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, and 29: ILEARN Testing (onsite students)
Need assistance with a class? We encourage you to reach out to your teachers if you need some help with a class. Other options might include:
- Math tutoring after school each Tuesday and Thursday, 3:30pm-4:30pm.
- Please reach out to your school counselor for a copy of the corporation tutoring list.
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology’s Ask Rose tutoring services 7pm.-10pm, Sunday through Thursday 1-877-275-7673 or AskRose.org.
- Indiana Retired Teachers Association, 1pm.-5pm., Tuesday through Thursday 1-877-457-8839
1. Anyone trying out for a team must have a physical, and health history update form, turned into the school office and online athletic forms submitted through RankOne.
2. Our competition schedule is available here. This schedule still continues to change: http://gcjhsathletics.weebly.com/team-schedules.html
3. Contact Mr. Jeff Sincroft with any ECA/Athletics questions. [email protected]
If your child is home sick or is a close contact, we have asked teachers to continue to have their live classes in google meet, when possible. Make sure your child logs in from home for each class, according to their schedule. Some classes may just have simple instructions for the assignment, while others may be live for the whole period.
Please remind your child the importance of washing hands and wearing a mask over his/her mouth and nose while at school. We want to keep everyone safe and healthy.
If someone in your home is waiting for COVID test results, call our office and keep your child home until the results come back.
The COVID-19 Screening for Parents provided by the Indiana State Department of Health lists the following symptoms that will result in a student being sent home, or signal for a parent to keep a student home:
Temperature of 100 or chills
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Cough or shortness of breath (especially new onset, uncontrolled cough)
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- Headache (particularly new onset of severe headache, especially with fever)
- New loss of taste or smell
This list does not include all possible symptoms. Other symptoms may be considered when determining when a student should stay home.
*If your child or someone in the household is waiting for test results, please do not send the children to school.
Should your student or someone in the household test positive for COVID-19, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible.
You may call the dedicated GC COVID-positive test result line at
(317) 477-4116 (this is a dedicated voicemail box and is not answered by school personnel) or email [email protected].
Please leave your student’s name, date of birth, date of test, and your
telephone number and email address. A GC nurse will be in contact with you as soon as possible following notification.
If you have a child who is quarantined (either as a close contact or someone who had the virus), please make sure they are engaging in their classes while they are gone. Everyone should log into their google classroom according to the daily schedule, when at home, unless they are too sick to work.
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please email “Stop” to gc[email protected]
PrincipalGreenfield Central Junior High SchoolTwitter: @GCJHS_principal