1. Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for October 29 and November 5. You can still sign up online through the Parent Powerschool portal! If you have trouble, please contact Mrs. Leonard in Student Services. The time slots are ten minutes each and run 3:40 pm-7:10 pm both days. We are looking forward to see you here!
2. Students took English Acuity tests last week. The State of Indiana has changed the content and format of the tests this year, so your student may be disappointed with his/her score. Please reassure your child that the tests are based on end of year expectations and so we should see the scores improve each time they take the test.
3. Our 8th graders earned over $5600 towards their Washington, DC field trip through candle sales! Our top salesperson brought in over $900!
4. Pre-Season work outs for wrestling will be held after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, beginning November 4.
5. Attachments: Registration form for 2nd Annual Lady Cougar Christmas Volleyball Camp
KidsPlay, Inc. announcement- “C.S.I. Neverland”
Parking lot procedures-The right lane is for a brief drop off and the left lane is for moving traffic. If your child needs longer to gather his/her things, please park in the lot and then walk from there into the building. We want to keep students safe and avoid traffic backups onto Franklin Street.
Indiana’s 21st Century Scholars Program offers income-eligible Hoosier students up to four years of paid tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university after they graduate from high school. Scholars who enroll are connected to programs and resources to help them plan, prepare, and pay for college. 7th and 8th grade Indiana students whose families meet income eligibility guidelines must apply to become a 21st Century Scholar by June 30 of the student’s 8th grade year. You can apply online at www.Scholars.IN.gov
Boxtops-Do you have Boxtops for education laying around? Our Special Education Department is collecting them to raise funds for classroom trips. Please send in your boxtops to the office to help this great group!
Take a minute to sign up your Marsh Fresh Idea card for the Junior High! Your shopping accumulates points for teachers to get classroom supplies. www.freshideasforeducation.com
10/28 Vision Screenings
10/29 Parent Teacher Conferences Day #1
11/5 Parent Teacher Conferences Day #2
11/11 Veteran’s Day Program 9AM (parents and veterans are invited!)
11/26-11/28 Thanksgiving Break- No School
12/19 End of the Semester
|Greenfield Central Jr. High School
Love your portrait or Lifetouch will retake it (or refund it).
Find your retake dayFree digital SmileSafe card
The Lifetouch SmileSafe program provides parents a digital safety card, which includes emergency contact information and gives authorities instant access to a recent student image in case of an emergency.
Haven’t ordered yet? There’s still time!
This is the last week of the quarter and it has flown by! I hope that your child has enjoyed the first few months of school. Many teachers and staff have mentioned to me that this student body is awesome. Enjoy Fall Break with your family and we’ll get back to school work on October 20.
9/29 Soccer HOME
HHC Cross Country @ Doe Creek
9/30 8th Grade DC fundraiser distribution 3pm 7th Grade Football @ Shelbyville 8th Grade Football HOME 7th Grade Volleyball HOME 8th Grade Volleyball HOME
10/2 7th Grade Hearing Testing
Earthquake Drill 10 am
HHC Volleyball @ Doe Creek Round 1
10/4 HHC Volleyball @Yorktown Semi-finals and Finals
10/20 Return to school
10/22 Picture Retakes
10/29 & 11/5 Parent Teacher Conferences
For more information go to
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High School
The seventh grade will be taking a field trip to the Children’s Museum in Indianapolis on Thursday, September 4th, 2014. We will be viewing the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit, which is one of the major items we studied this year. The buses will be leaving the school at approximately 8:45 a.m. and will be returning around 12:15 p.m. It will be important that students arrive to school on time and do not have appointments between those times.
There is no charge for this trip, but all students must have their permission slips turned in by Thursday, August 28th, 2014. We need to have everything collected and in order to completely register with the Children’s Museum.
This is an excellent opportunity for our students, and we look forward to this experience. As always, we expect the best from our students during outings such as this one. The students are expected to follow school and museum guidelines at all times. It will also be expected that students dress appropriately.
We look forward to this opportunity, and we hope that you and your child do as well. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact your child’s Social Studies teacher for that as well.
The Seventh Grade Social Studies Team