1. REMIND News- Beginning January 28, 2019, Verizon Wireless customers who normally get Remind messages as texts will no longer receive these messages, due to additional fees Verizon is charging. In order to continue receiving messages from your child’s teachers, please download the app or elect to receive emails from REMIND.
2. The National assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) has chosen GCJHS to participate in their national sampling in math and reading assessments. Approximately 50 students will be randomly chosen to participate in an assessment. It will take 90 to 120 minutes for most students. If your child is chosen to participate in this national test, we will notify you. We will provide lunch as a thank you for participating students as well.
3. 7th and 8th grade students earning a 3.75 GPA or higher, will be invited later this month to apply for National Junior Honor Society. There is an application packet that interested students will need to complete and return. If you think your child will qualify, please talk with him/her about the importance of carefully filling out the application by the deadline.
January 21: Martin Luther King Day Snow Make-up Day (elearning day)
January 22 and 24: 3:30-5:30pm. School Lab hours for students who need internet to complete eLearning assignments.
January 30: 3rd scheduled eLearning Day (Please RSVP in Powerschool)
February 13: “On the Road to High School” Schedule info night at G-CHS for 8th graders and parents. 6pm-7:30pm
February 18: President’s Day (No School) Snow Make-up Day, if needed.
March 5-15: High School Scheduling Appointments (G-CHS Counselors with 8th graders and parents during school, at GCJHS)
March 18-29: Spring Break (Weather Make-Up Days During First Five Days – if needed)
Our school events calendar can be found at this link.
Tuesday, Jan. 15:
Wrestling vs. Belzer — 5:30pm
Wednesday, Jan. 16:
7th/8th girls basketball vs. Triton Central — 5:30pm
Thursday, Jan. 17:
1. 7th/8th girls basketball vs. Southport — 5:45pm
2. 7th/8th boys basketball (B teams) @ Knightstown Intermediate — 6:00pm
Saturday, Jan. 19:
1. 7th/8th girls basketball @ Connersville Tournament
-7th grade plays at 10:15am and again at 11:40am or 1:00pm
-8th grade plays at 9:45am and again at 12:00pm or 1:15pm
2. Wrestling @ Delta Duals — 10:00am (weigh-ins at 9:00am)
3. Fusionettes Dance Team @ Mt. Vernon
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics– Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Powerschool App– Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. You can customize the dashboard to see only the headings you want to see. We do not calculate GPA at GCJHS and the lunch balance is not compatible with our system, so you can hide those headings.
Here are the school clubs have formed so far this year and the staff contact:
Art Club- Mrs. Holden email@example.com
AOK Club- Ms. Waymire firstname.lastname@example.org
Friendship Bracelet Club- Miss Circle email@example.com
Music Makers Club- Mr. Walker firstname.lastname@example.org
Prism Club- Miss Flores email@example.com
Robotics Club- Mr. Statzer firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Council- Mrs. Greene email@example.com
Writing Club- Mrs. Cary firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodworking Club- Mr. Spencer email@example.com
Young Hoosier Book Club- Mrs. Taing firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up at the bottom of our webpage http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us
Have a great week!
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School