1. We will have lab hours, Tuesday and Thursday, after school this week, for students who do not have internet access at home to complete yesterday’s eLearning day assignments. Students can stay after school, 3:30-5:30pm, on Tuesday, January 22 or Thursday, January 24.
2. Our last planned eLearning day is next Wednesday, January 30. Teachers will have professional learning opportunities during the school day. While most students will stay home, we need a total count for our food service and bus drivers. Please RSVP in Powerschool to let us know whether or not your child will be coming to school on that day.
3. 7th and 8th grade students earning a 3.75 GPA or higher, will receive invitations today to apply for National Junior Honor Society. There is an application packet that students will need to complete and return.
January 22 and 24: 3:30-5:30pm. School Lab hours for students who need internet to complete eLearning assignments.
January 23: iLearn Readiness Practice
January 30: 3rd scheduled eLearning Day (Please RSVP in Powerschool)
February 13: “On the Road to High School” Schedule info night at G-CHS for 8th graders and parents. 6pm-7:30pm
February 18: President’s Day (No School) Snow Make-up Day, if needed.
March 5-15: High School Scheduling Appointments (G-CHS Counselors with 8th graders and parents during school, at GCJHS)
March 18-29: Spring Break (Weather Make-Up Days During First Five Days – if needed)
Our school events calendar can be found at this link.
There will be a call-out meeting this Friday morning for any 8th graders interested in playing high school football. The meeting will be at 8:00am in the health room.
Tuesday, Jan. 22:
1. 7th/8th boys basketball (B teams) vs. Anderson Prep — 5:30pm
2. 7th/8th girls basketball @ Benjamin Rush — 5:30pm
3. Swimming at Delta — CANCELLED
Wednesday, Jan. 23:
Wrestling vs. Creston — 5:30pm
Thursday, Jan. 24:
1. 7th/8th girls basketball vs. Shelbyville — 5:30pm
2. Swimming vs. Yorktown — 5:30pm
-Greenfield-Central High School
3. Wrestling at New Castle — 5:30pm
Saturday, Jan. 26:
1. 7th/8th boys basketball (A teams) @ Greensburg 4-way tourney
2. Fusionettes Dance Team @ Greenfield-Central High School
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics– Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Powerschool App– Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. You can customize the dashboard to see only the headings you want to see. We do not calculate GPA at GCJHS and the lunch balance is not compatible with our system, so you can hide those headings.
Here are the school clubs have formed so far this year and the staff contact:
Art Club- Mrs. Holden firstname.lastname@example.org
AOK Club- Ms. Waymire email@example.com
Friendship Bracelet Club- Miss Circle firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Makers Club- Mr. Walker email@example.com
Prism Club- Miss Flores firstname.lastname@example.org
Robotics Club- Mr. Statzer email@example.com
Student Council- Mrs. Greene firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing Club- Mrs. Cary email@example.com
Woodworking Club- Mr. Spencer firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Hoosier Book Club- Mrs. Taing email@example.com
You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up at the bottom of our webpage http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School