Principal’s Update 1/22/16
1. Tonight, the high school will host the first activities for 8th grade students and their parents. Running from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm, the End Zone is open house style for students and parents to walk around the cafeteria and see all the extra-curricular activities available next year. The presentation at 7:00 pm in the auditorium, will discuss the scheduling process and developing a four-year plan.
July 18-21, 8:00-10:30 at Brandywine Park
Running, games, prizes, and a camp race with awards!
Online and traditional registration at gcjhsxc.weebly.com
Contact Coach Foster at [email protected] for more details.
Attention Parents of 8th Graders! Remember that “On the Road to High School” begins this week! Here are the important dates to know:
Monday, February 22nd, 2016
6:00 – 7:00 PM – “The End Zone” Open House – A chance for students and parents to learn about athletics, clubs, academic, and extra-curricular activities at G-CHS (Cafeteria). Please make sure to pick up your registration packet in the library before entering the auditorium.
7:00 – 8:00 PM – Class of 2020 Presentation for Parents – An introduction to the freshman scheduling process for parents and students for the Class of 2020 only (current 8th graders) – Auditorium
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016
Parents may go on-line via the GCJHS website and select a freshman scheduling appointment. These appointments will be 20 minutes in length during the school day (8:30 – 3:00) on March 7-11 and March 14-18. Please check the availability for your student’s counselor listed below. Please check the GCJHS website beginning February 23rd, 2016 in order to schedule your appointment. If you are unable to register on-line, please contact Mrs. Belcher, Mrs. Fortuna, or Mrs. Leonard (477-4616) and one of them will be happy to help you schedule your appointment. St. Michael’s students will have individual scheduling appointments on March 3rd.
Counselors are assigned according to your student’s last name.
Mr.Horsman Last names A-E March 8, 9, 10, 15, 16
Mrs.Foster Last names F-L March 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16
Mrs. Knecht Last names M – Sq March 7, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17
Mrs. Kile Last names St – Z March 7, 8, 17
March 7th – 11th and March 14th-18th, 2016
8:30 AM – 3:00 PM – Individual scheduling appointments – 8th graders and their parents will meet with a high school counselor in 20-minute appointments to schedule for the freshman year. Please bring your packet of information and questions with you to this appointment!
May 19th, 2016
1. The GCJHS PTO will have the following two volunteer positions available for the 2016/17 school year. The position will begin in May.
The President shall serve as leader and key contact for the PTO; preside at all PTO meetings; ex-officio member of most committees; appoint chairpersons for special committees; coordinate the work of the officers and committees so that the PTO’s objectives can be met.
The Vice President shall act as an aide to the President; perform the duties of the President in the absence or inability of that officer to serve; assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Board; coordinate the general activities of any Special Committees created by the Executive Board.
Interested people should contact [email protected]
2. If you know someone who would like to receive the GCJHS parent newsletter, please let them know they can sign up on our webpage.
3. We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Instagram- gc_jhs and gcjhs_principal
4. Breakfast is available to students every morning before school.
5. We would love for everyone to register the Junior High on your Marsh Fresh Idea card. This is a simple, 3 minute web task. We use the points from Marsh to buy supplies and materials for the classroom! Go to http://www.
February 22: End Zone and Parent Orientation for incoming 9th graders @ G-CHS
February 25: National Junior Honor Society Induction Ceremony
February 26: PTO Fundraiser- Tech Night Trivia