Principal’s Update 10/31/16
1. We had a great first day of Parent Teacher Conferences last week. Wednesday will be last chance to sign up for November 3rd conferences. Go to this link to sign up: https://www.ptcfast.com/schools/Greenfield_Central_Junior_High_School If a teacher’s schedule is full, please email him/her and set up another day to meet.
2. Congratulations to the GCHS Cougar Pride Marching Band who finished 2nd in State this weekend! GC Junior High has several 8th graders who are members of the high school marching band this year.
3. Friday, November 18th the GCJHS PTO will be hosting it’s 2nd annual Family Trivia Night. Families or friend groups can reserve a table, order a pizza and play a fun game of trivia and compete with other GCJHS families and staff. Indy’s Live Trivia will be here to stump us and keep us entertained!
Please register your family at the following link. On that link you can also pre-order pizza! The concession stand will be open with pizza-by-the-slice, candy, soda, desserts and other snacks! You won’t want to miss this fun night! Pre-orders are encouraged and are the most economical!
4. If you haven’t RSVP’d for the Flex Pilot eLearning day, please do so! Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd5o3-H9u2OCvyo8k9co-6J0m2IfNLVQblG70EQbtNNHH7ezA/viewform
5. The Parks Department and Hancock Regional Hospital are sponsoring a brand new Turkey Day 5K on the beautiful Pennsy Trail. Race starts at 9 a.m. Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24. The cost is $25 for the 5K and $20 for the fun run, but the price goes up after Oct. 31. All proceeds go towards purchasing outdoor workout equipment for the Pennsy Trail. Here is the registration link: https://runsignup.com/Race/Events/IN/Greenfield/GreenfieldTurkeyDay5K
November 3: Parent Teacher Conferences
November 11: Veterans Day Program, 9:30am
November 14: Picture Retakes
November 16 and February 8: Elearning days (students work from home)
November 23-25: Thanksgiving Break
November 30: NWEA middle of year testing begins
December 6: 7th Grade field trip
December 19 and 20: Semester Exams
Students can be dropped off to wait outside in the morning. The doors to the building will be open beginning at 8:20 a.m. each day. If temperatures dip below freezing, students will be permitted to come into the building beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Breakfast is available for $1.75, to students every school day, at 8:20 a.m.
Textbook Fees can be turned in to the front office. 7th Grade fees are $150.26 8th Grade fees are $149.47 Credit/Debit cards will be accepted, in person, until November 30.
Connect with us:
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High