Principal’s Update 11/28/16
1. Don’t know what to get your GCJHS student for Christmas? How about buying them their yearbook at a discounted price. Now until December 31st, the 2017 GCJHS yearbook is only $25.00. The price goes up January 1st, so get your yearbook now. You may order online at https://yearbookforever.com or you can fill out the attached order form and send it to school.
2. NWEA Testing begins on Wednesday, November 30. Teachers and students get individual results within a couple of days and school wide results before the end of the semester. We will use this information to gauge student growth, and determine placement for ISTEP Boost classes and remediation.
3. On December 21st, we will have our first ever APE day (Academic Progress is for Everyone.) Students become eligible for APE day by improving in two or more NWEA testing areas or, students testing above grade level, must maintain that status. Improvement is one point or more in growth. Students who qualify for APE day will spend a few hours participating in activities such as Karaoke, cornhole, games and raffles.
4. Girls basketball tryouts are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week at Greenfield Intermediate School. 8th Grade will practice 4:30pm-6pm and 7th grade will practice 6pm-8pm.
5. Wrestling practice begins after school today.
6. Wednesday is the last day to pay book fees by debit/credit card. We can still accept check and cash for fees after Wednesday. Contact treasurer Jan Mitchell with questions.
7. Attention Washington D.C. Trip Parents: 2nd payments were due November 15th. If you have not made a payment toward the trip by December 8, the student and/or chaperone will be removed from the trip. We have to lock in the hotel rooms and buses by that day. Yankee Candle profits will not be applied to accounts until late December or early January. Those with a surplus in their accounts would be eligible for refunds in the spring. If everyone currently on the list stays on the list, this will be the largest group Greenfield Central Junior High has ever taken! Please contact Grueninger Tours with questions http://www.gogmt.com/
contactus.html or (800) 225-9919.
There are still some Yankee Candles orders to be picked up. Contact Mrs. Greene to arrange pick-up of large orders.
8. We will run our Toys for Tots Drive 11/28-12/9. Students can bring a new, unwrapped toy to 1st period. Two toys earns one free admission to the Christmas Party & Dance on Friday, December 9 3:30-5:00pm.
Interested in chaperoning this event? Contact Mrs. Greene.
November 30: NWEA “middle of year” testing begins
*No PTO meeting this month*
December 6: 7th Grade field trip IRT
December 19 and 20: Semester Exams
Students can be dropped off to wait outside in the morning. The doors to the building will be open beginning at 8:20 a.m. each day. If temperatures dip below freezing, students will be permitted to come into the building beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Breakfast is available for $1.75, to students every school day, at 8:20 a.m.
Textbook Fees can be turned in to the front office. 7th Grade fees are $150.26 8th Grade fees are $149.47 Credit/Debit cards will be accepted, in person, until November 30.
Connect with us:
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High