Principal’s Update 10/29/18
- November 1st is the next eLearning Day for students. Please log in to PowerSchool and RSVP so we know which students will be coming to school that day.
- Parent Teacher conferences are scheduled for November 1 and 6. Parents can come anytime between 4pm and 7pm and stop by to meet with the teachers. We ask that parents of students last name A-L try to come on November 1 and last names M-Z try to come on November 6. If the other date works better for you, that is fine! To speak to a teacher, just stop by their table. If that teacher is busy, simply find another teacher on your child’s schedule and meet with them first. This format allows more parents to meet with more teachers, which benefits our students. A representative from 21st Century Scholars will be at school on November 1, during conferences.
- Picture re-takes are scheduled for tomorrow. If your child missed the first picture day, then you can go to www.mylifetouch.com to order pictures. Picture Day ID is HM788070Y1 If you did not like the first pictures, you can have your child bring them back tomorrow and you don’t need to fill out the order form again.
- If you missed the 7th Grade Trip to Chicago information meeting you can still get your child signed up. The brochure is attached and on our website.
- GCJHS Pacers Night vs the Miami Heat is Friday, November 16. Tickets can be purchased online at www.Pacersgroups.com/heat
- Yankee Candles will be ready for pickup on November 1. Pick up your orders in the office between 8:30am and 7pm on Thursday, November 1. Small orders can be sent home with students.
- We’re excited for our 8th grade boys choir, who will be singing the National Anthem at the Indy Fuel game on Tuesday.
- Good luck to our 8th grade band students who are participating in the high school marching band competition this weekend at Lucas Oil.
- 8th graders going to Washington, D.C. can apply for a ½ scholarship if they participated in the Yankee Candle Fundraiser. The applications will be sent out in social studies classes later this week.
October 30: Picture Re-takes
November 1: eLearning Day #2
November 1 and 6: Parent Teacher Conferences, 4-7pm
November 9: Veterans Day Program, 9:30 am
Girls Basketball open gyms will be held at GIS on Oct. 29, Oct. 31, Nov. 5, and Nov. 7 from 3:30-5:30pm. Students should ride bus 31 or bus 45 to GIS. Open gym will also be held at GCJHS on Nov. 12 (3:30-4:30, Nov. 15 (3:30-5:30), and Nov. 19 (3:30-4:30). Try-outs will begin on Nov. 26. More information is available in Student Services for girls who were not able to attend the call-out meeting.
- The remaining dates for the eLearning days are November 1 and January 30.
- School days cancelled due to weather will also be eLearning days this year.
- Students can be dropped off to wait outside in the morning. The doors to the building will be open beginning at 8:20 a.m. each day. When the temperatures drop below freezing, students can wait inside beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Breakfast is available to students every school day, at 8:20 a.m.
- Yearbooks for the 2018-19 school year can be ordered for as little as $25 at https://yearbookforever.com Search for “Greenfield Junior High School.”
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Website- http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us/ (We just hired our webmaster for the school year, so we hope to have it updated by the end of the week!)
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Powerschool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. You can customize the dashboard to see only the headings you want to see. We do not calculate GPA at GCJHS and the lunch balance is not compatible with our system, so you can hide those headings.
Here are the school clubs that have formed so far this year and the staff contact:
Art Club- Mrs. Holden [email protected]
AOK Club- Ms. Waymire [email protected]
Builders Club- Mr. Uhl and Mr. Richardville [email protected] [email protected]
Friendship Bracelet Club [email protected]
Prism Club- Miss Flores [email protected]
Robotics Club- Mr. Statzer [email protected]
Spell Bowl- Mr. Jankowski [email protected]
Student Council- Mrs. Greene [email protected]
TV News- Mr. Spencer [email protected]
Writing Club- Mrs. Cary [email protected]
Young Hoosier Book Club- Mrs. Taing [email protected].us
You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up at the bottom of our webpage http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us
Have a great week!
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School