Principal’s Update 11/12/18
- Tuesday, November 13th is World Kindness Day. Students are encouraged to wear purple and show kindness throughout the day. The AOK Club has several events planned for the day including:
- Inspirational post-its on lockers
- candy passed out, wishing students a “sweet day”
- “Be the Nice Kid” posters displayed around the building
- a new instagram account – #BeTheNiceKidGCJHS
- a lunch-time positive postal system where students can encourage each other with Smile-O-Grams
- the sale of t-shirts and wristbands at lunch with the hashtag #BeTheNiceKidGCJHS
- Kindness bookmarks passed out in the library
- a calendar with a month of kind deeds for November
- motivational speaker, Jerry Ackerman, at the end of the day.
- Several 8th grade students from our College and Careers class will be presenting some their work at the school board meeting tonight. We will also be recognizing the 8th grade band students who participated in the high school marching band contest. The board meeting begins at 7pm in the GCJHS cafeteria.
- If you missed the 7th Grade Trip to Chicago information meeting you can still get your child signed up through Grueninger Tour Company. The brochure is on our website.
- GCJHS Pacers Night vs the Miami Heat is Friday, November 16. Tickets can be purchased online at www.Pacersgroups.com/heat
- 8th graders going to Washington, D.C. can apply for a ½ scholarship if they participated in the Yankee Candle Fundraiser. The application is available with the 8th grade social studies teachers.
- Wednesday is GCJHS night at Dairy Queen. Please stop by, greet GCJHS staff, and help us raise money for GCJHS!
November 14: Greenfield-Central Schools Safety Symposium (7pm at GCHS)
November 14: GCJHS Night at Dairy Queen
November 21-23: Thanksgiving Break
December 4: 7th Grade Field Trip to IRT
December 11: Winter Fine Arts Concert
December 20: Semester Exams- Math, Social Studies, Related Arts 1st floor
December 21: Semester Exams- Language Arts, Science, Related Arts 2nd floor
December 21: Last day of 1st semester
January 7: Second semester begins
Tuesday, Nov. 13:
1. 7th grade boys’ basketball (A/B teams) vs. Hamilton Southeastern — 5:30pm
2. 8th grade boys’ basketball (A/B teams) @ Hamilton Southeastern — 5:30pm
Saturday, Nov. 17
1. 8th grade boys basketball B team tournament — 9:00am
2. 7th grade boys basketball B team tournament @ Connersville — 10:15am
- The last remaining date for the eLearning day is January 30.
- School days cancelled due to weather will also be eLearning days this year.
- Students can be dropped off to wait outside in the morning. The doors to the building will be open beginning at 8:20 a.m. each day. When the temperatures drop below freezing, students can wait inside beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Breakfast is available to students every school day, at 8:20 a.m.
- Yearbooks for the 2018-19 school year can be ordered for as little as $25 at https://yearbookforever.com Search for “Greenfield Junior High School.”
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Powerschool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. You can customize the dashboard to see only the headings you want to see. We do not calculate GPA at GCJHS and the lunch balance is not compatible with our system, so you can hide those headings.
Here are the school clubs that have formed so far this year and the staff contact:
Art Club- Mrs. Holden [email protected]
AOK Club- Ms. Waymire [email protected]
Friendship Bracelet Club [email protected]
Prism Club- Miss Flores [email protected]
Robotics Club- Mr. Statzer [email protected]
Spell Bowl- Mr. Jankowski [email protected]
Student Council- Mrs. Greene [email protected]
TV News- Mr. Spencer [email protected]
Writing Club- Mrs. Cary [email protected]
Young Hoosier Book Club- Mrs. Taing [email protected].us
You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up at the bottom of our webpage http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us
Have a great week!
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School