Principal’s Update 11/26/18
- 8th Grade student who sold Yankee Candle will have their sales proceeds credited to student accounts in time for the January payment. Students earned 40% of their sales.
- This is the last week to sign up for the 7th Grade Trip to Chicago. You can still get your child signed up through Grueninger Tour Company until December 1. The brochure is on our website.
- We are excited to announce a new opportunity for our students here at GCJHS. In partnership with Hancock Counseling, we will have a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in our building on Thursdays and Fridays. This is an opportunity for students to see an outside provider for counseling services in our building. If you would like more information, please contact your child’s school counselor (Mrs. Fortuna Last Names A-K, Mrs. Smith Last Names L-Z).
December 4: 7th Grade Field Trip to IRT
December 5-11: NWEA Middle of Year Testing Window
December 11: Winter Fine Arts Concert
December 20: Semester Exams- Math, Social Studies, Related Arts 1st floor
December 21: Semester Exams- Language Arts, Science, Related Arts 2nd floor
December 21: Last day of 1st semester
January 7: Second semester begins
Monday, Nov. 26:
7th and 8th boys basketball (B teams) vs. Beech Grove — 5:30pm
Thursday, Nov. 29:
7th and 8th boys basketball (A teams) @ Yorktown — 5:30pm
Saturday, Dec. 1:
7th and 8th boys basketball (A teams) @ HHC Tourney (Pendleton Heights)
*Pending outcome of 11/29 games at Yorktown
-7th grade would play at 9:00am; bus leaves at 7:45am (Championship game at 12:00pm)
-8th grade would play at 10:15am; bus leaves at 9:00am (Championship game at 1:15pm)
- The last remaining date for the eLearning day is January 30.
- Students can be dropped off to wait outside in the morning. The doors to the building will be open beginning at 8:20 a.m. each day. When the temperatures drop below freezing, students can wait inside beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Breakfast is available to students every school day, at 8:20 a.m.
- Yearbooks for the 2018-19 school year can be ordered for as little as $25 at https://yearbookforever.com Search for “Greenfield Junior High School.”
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Powerschool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. You can customize the dashboard to see only the headings you want to see. We do not calculate GPA at GCJHS and the lunch balance is not compatible with our system, so you can hide those headings.
Here are the school clubs have formed so far this year and the staff contact:
Art Club- Mrs. Holden [email protected]
AOK Club- Ms. Waymire [email protected]
Friendship Bracelet Club- Miss Circle [email protected]
Prism Club- Miss Flores [email protected]
Robotics Club- Mr. Statzer [email protected]
Student Council- Mrs. Greene [email protected]
Writing Club- Mrs. Cary [email protected]
Woodworking Club- Mr. Spencer [email protected]
Young Hoosier Book Club- Mrs. Taing [email protected].us
You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up at the bottom of our webpage http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us
Have a great week!
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School