Principal’s Update 2/11/19
1. The National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) has chosen GCJHS to participate in their national sampling in math and reading assessments on February 20. Approximately fifty 8th grade students were notified that they were randomly chosen to participate. Please see the attachment for more information.
2. Wednesday, Greenfield-Central High School will host “On the Road to High School” with the Class of 2023 Presentation for Parents and Students at 6:00 PM, followed by the “The End Zone” Open House from 6:30–7:30 PM. Even if you have older children that have been through G-CHS, there are new laws that affect the graduation path for the class of 2023, and beyond. Please make every effort to attend.
3. Jim Dandy is sponsoring a Greenfield Central Junior High School Night Thursday, February 14th. We will get 15% of all proceeds from carry-out, curbside, and dine-in service from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Stop by with your favorite Valentine!
4. If you are struggling with your child on his/her cell phone and social media, consider subscribing to the smartsocial podcast. On episode #101 I interviewed a mom of 8 kids. She is able to get her kids to put their phones down during dinner, turn them off at 7:30pm and is able to minimize arguments (and she shares all of her tips with you on the podcast).
February 13: “On the Road to High School” Schedule info night at G-CHS for 8th graders and parents. 6pm-7:30pm
February 14: GCJHS Night at Jim Dandy 4pm-8pm
February 18: President’s Day (No School) Snow Make-up Day, if needed.
March 5-15: High School Scheduling Appointments (G-CHS Counselors with 8th graders and parents during school, at GCJHS)
March 18-29: Spring Break (Weather Make-Up Days During First Five Days – if needed)
Our school events calendar can be found at this link.
8th grade baseball try-outs will take place on February 25 from 7:30-9:30pm at the 84 Sports Complex. The address is 2033 W US Highway 40, Greenfield, IN. In order to participate in try-outs, athletes must have their physical submitted to the GCJHS office, their RankOne forms submitted online through the RankOne website, and a waiver form from 84 Sports Complex turned in to the coaches. Those waivers are available in the school office.
Monday, Feb. 11:
1. Wrestling vs Mt. Vernon Home –5:30pm
2. Swimming @ Anderson 5:30pm
Tuesday, Feb. 12:
Wrestling @ Shelbyville — 5:30pm
Wednesday, Feb. 13:
Swimming vs. Eastern Hancock/Raymond Park (@ Eastern Hancock)
Saturday, Feb. 16:
1. 7th/8th girls basketball @ Greensburg Tourney
2. Fusionettes Dance Team @ Crawfordsville
- During the winter months, students can be dropped off to wait inside the building beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Breakfast is available to students every school day. Please remember to check your child’s lunch account regularly. The cashiers remind students when accounts are getting low. You can log in to https://www.ezschoolpay.com/Login.aspx to manage lunch accounts and set a notification for low balances. Students can also make deposits into their accounts with cash or checks in the lunch line.
- Yearbooks for the 2018-19 school year can be ordered for $27 at https://wpcgo.yearbookforever.com/c6WGq
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School