- Car rider traffic- Please drop your child off along the curb. In order to keep all students safe during pick up and drop off, we ask that you only park in the parking lot if you plan to come into the building or the traffic has cleared.
- We have booked flights for over 200 students and parents who signed up for the 8th grade trip to Washington DC! The next payment is due August 15. If you registered and have not paid a deposit, your child has been placed on the wait list. If you still want to register your child to go, you can go to this website <https://gogmt.com/greenfieldcentral2020/> and be placed on the wait list as well.
- Here is a link to the Lunch Menu <https://gcsc.nutrislice.com/menu/greenfield-central-jr-high/lunch/2019-08-02?mode=browse>
- If you would like to bring lunch for your child, please contact the office to reserve a conference room. Students can choose friends to eat in the conference room as well.
- The GCJHS Fusionettes are sponsoring the back to school dance this Friday, August 9. The dance will begin after school and end at 5:00pm. Please plan to pick your child up at the front door at 5:00pm.
- We encourage students to attend our athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- We will have two eLearning Days this year, where students will work from home and teachers will keep office hours. The dates are November 7 and February 5. School days cancelled due to weather can also be eLearning days. If this occurs, details will be given in the automated phone call.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school for $1.75.
- Textbook Fees can be turned in anytime this month. $150.12 for 7th grade and $149.05 for 8th grade. If you still want to purchase insurance for your child’s MacBook, it will need to be inspected at the time of payment. This can be done during the school day. Insurance costs $50 and has a $40 deductible for each claim.
- August 6: Meet the Teachers Night 7-8:30pm
- August 8-14 NWEA testing in ELA, math and science classes
- August 12: Sister City Kakuda students visit GCJHS
- August 23: School Pictures
- September 2: Labor Day (No School)
- October 29 and November 6: Parent Teacher Conferences
21st Century Scholar Program: Indiana's premier college scholarship and preparation program for low-income Hoosier students. Students who fulfill the Scholar Pledge are provided up to four years of paid tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university. Scholars also receive a variety of support services designed to help them succeed in school and complete college. Students must sign up between their 7th and 8th grade year.
We will have additional information tomorrow night (8/6) at Meet the
See the 21st Century Scholar attachment.
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what's
happening at GCJHS.
Twitter- @GCJHS_principal <https://twitter.com/GCJHS_principal>
Facebook - Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You can sign up on our webpage to receive the GCJHS Parent
Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or
incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for
“PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can
search by school or type in school code 3125.
Our competition schedule is available here:
1. Any student who plans to participate/try-out for any sport must have an
updated physical turned into the GCJHS office and submit the required
online paperwork through RankOne.
2. Our first home athletic event will take place next Thursday, August
15th. The 8th grade football team will play host to New Palestine Jr. High,
while our 7th grade team will make the trip to New Palestine. We would love
to see you out at this event supporting our student-athletes and the
Cougars community of Greenfield-Central Jr. High. The official kickoff time
is set for 5:30 pm.
3. In an effort to recognize our coaches for all of their hard work and
dedication for our student-athletes, we have started a “Coach of the Month”
initiative. As the fall athletic season unfolds, if you feel your child’s
coach has done a tremendous job with communication, putting students first,
or just providing a great experience for your son or daughter, please
consider nominating him/her for “Coach of the Month”. All coaches that
are nominated will be recognized in front of his/her peers at a faculty
meeting. The Coach of the Month will be given the blurb of why they were
nominated and their picture will be posted in the athletic hallway for
everyone to see. All nominations will be given to coaches so they all know
just how much we appreciate their dedication. You may nominate a coach by
filling out the following form: https://forms.gle/of3BJ2rJjLy5oGGw9
4. Please use the front (east) parking lot to drop off your child, or to
bring food, clothes or equipment for your child after school. We want to
keep the bus (west) lot clear for the safety of all students.
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School