Principals Update 8/19/19
DC Trip Information
Exchange Student Host Family Request
- ILEARN results should be in Powerschool later this week. Please log in to your parent Powerschool account and go to “Student Progress Center” and then click on “ISTEP Reports” to see your child’s report. It may not be available on the app.
- Our school-wide fundraiser this year is kicking off next week. We want our students to be physically and emotionally healthy, so we are asking students to walk around the track and stop at stations to promote kindness in school on September 13. Students will collect pledges from friends and family and 100% of the money will go to GCJHS for school programs, student incentives and benevolence.
- Friday is school picture day. We will send students who are in PE at the start of class.
- We are wrapping up the first round of NWEA today and tomorrow. Student reports should be in Powerschool within a week.
- Parents of 8th graders going on the DC trip in May: please see the attachment with the list of fundraisers for the fall. If you are interested in organizing and running an additional fundraiser, please contact Mrs. Sangiorgio. [email protected]
Clubs and Contacts
- Spell Bowl callout meeting Thursday, after school hj[email protected]
- Acts of Kindness Club (AOK) [email protected]
- Makers Club [email protected]
- Builders Club (K-Kids in younger grades) [email protected]
- Best Buddies [email protected]
- Prism [email protected]
- Student Council [email protected]
August 23: School Pictures
August 26: Retro Bill Convocation
August 27: “Choose Kind” Walk-a-thon Fundraiser Kick-off
September 2: Labor Day (No School)
September 13: “Choose Kind” Walk-a-thon
October 29 and November 6: Parent Teacher Conferences
November 7: eLearning Day #1
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
Athletic Event News
The 7th grade football team competed well against the New Palestine Dragons last Thursday night. The Cougars lost by a final score of 6-22. Highlights from Coach Pfaff included: Touchdown by Braylon Mullins and Two B game touchdowns by Jackson Maciejewski.
The 8th grade football team won their home opener against the New Palestine Dragons by a final score 30-14. Highlights from Coach Wadle included: Congratulations to Silas Frye on his first start at QB and to Connor Dotson on his first ever touchdown!
Student-Athlete of the Week
Student-Athlete of the Week is Jake VanOsdol. Jake always has a great attitude at practice. He always volunteers to fill positions that are needed during drills or scout team. Jake has shown that he is committed to giving 100% in every drill and getting better every day. Solid job of representing the Greenfield-Central Junior High Athletics Department in a positive manner.
Coach of the Month
If you feel your child’s coach has done a tremendous job with communication, putting student-athletes first, or just providing a great experience for your son or daughter, please consider nominating him/her for “Coach of the Month”. You may nominate a coach by filling out the following form: https://forms.gle/of3BJ2rJjLy5oGGw9
This Week in Action
Tuesday, August 20th
Boys Soccer vs. Pendleton Heights @ 5:30pm (Home)
Girls Soccer vs. Pendleton Heights @ 6:30pm (Home)
Thursday, August 22nd
Tennis @ Lapel Jr. High @ 5:30pm (Away)
7th Grade Football @ Pendleton Heights @ 5:30pm (Away)
8th Grade Football vs. Pendleton Heights @ 5:30pm (Home)
Volleyball vs. Pendleton Heights @ 5:30pm (Home)
Saturday, August 24th
Cross Country @ Franklin Township Middle School East @ 9am (Away)
Stay connected with the GCJHS Athletics Department: Follow us on Twitter @GCJHS_AD;
Official Website: https://gcjhsathletics.weebly.com/
- Car rider traffic- Please drop your child off along the curb. In order to keep all students safe during pick up and drop off, we ask that you only park in the parking lot if you plan to come into the building or the traffic has cleared.
- Here is a link to the Lunch Menu
- If you would like to bring lunch for your child, please contact the office to reserve a conference room. Students can choose friends to eat in the conference room as well.
- We encourage students to attend our athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- We will have two eLearning Days this year, where students will work from home and teachers will keep office hours. The dates are November 7 and February 5. School days cancelled due to weather can also be eLearning days. If this occurs, details will be given in the automated phone call.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school for $1.75.
- Textbook Fees can be turned in anytime this month. $150.12 for 7th grade and $149.05 for 8th grade.
If you still want to purchase insurance for your child’s MacBook, it will need to be inspected at the time of payment. This can be done during the school day. Insurance costs $50 and has a $40 deductible for each claim.