Principal’s Update 1/6
We’re back at it again! The students are sleepy but excited to see their friends again.
1. Please remember to check your child’s lunch account regularly. The cashiers remind students when accounts are getting low. You can log in to https://www.ezschoolpay.com/Login.aspx to manage lunch accounts and set a notification for low balances. Students can also make deposits into their accounts with cash or checks in the lunch line.
2. Remember to get signed up by February 1, for the 7th Grade Chicago Trip at https://gogmt.com/greenfieldcentral2020-2/
- January 20- Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday- No School
- January 31- Choir Solo/ensemble performances
- February 5- eLearning Day (students work from home)
- February 12- “End Zone” 8th grade info night at GCHS
Reminder: Any student who plans to participate/try-out for any sport must have an updated physical turned into the GCJHS office and submit the required online paperwork through RankOne. Please contact Mr. Wilson with any questions @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the GCJHS Athletics schedule for January 6-11.
Tuesday, Jan. 7th:
7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball (A teams) vs Creston — 5:30pm
Wednesday, Jan. 8th:
7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball @ Highland MS (Anderson) — 5:30pm
Thursday, Jan. 9th:
1. 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs Highland — 5:30pm
2. 7th Grade Boys Basketball @ Highland MS (Anderson) — 5:30pm
Saturday, Jan. 11th:
1. 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball @ Delta MS — 9am
2. 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball @ Delta MS — 11:45am
Coach of the Month
GCJHS Athletics Coach of the Month Recognition: Do you feel your student-athlete’s coach has done a tremendous job w/ communication, putting student-athletes first, or simply providing a great experience for your son or daughter?Please consider nominating him/her for “Coach of the Month” by filling out the following form: https://forms.gle/of3BJ2rJjLy5oGGw9
Clubs and Contacts
- G4C jFrye@gcsc.k12.in.us and B4C jSpencer@gcsc.k12.in.us
- Spell Bowl email@example.com
- Yearbook firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acts of Kindness Club (AOK) email@example.com
- Makers Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Builders Club email@example.com
- Best Buddies firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prism email@example.com
- Student Council firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing Club email@example.com
- Robotics Club firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store.
- We are offering math tutoring at GCJHS on Mondays and Wednesday, after school until 4:30pm.
- 2019-2020 Yearbooks can be ordered online for $29. Follow this link to order yours!
- We will have an eLearning Day February 5.
- Car rider traffic- Please drop your child off along the curb. In order to keep all students safe during pick up and drop off, we ask that you only park in the parking lot if you plan to come into the building or the traffic has cleared.
- Lunch Menu
- If you would like to bring lunch for your child, please contact the office to reserve a conference room. Students can choose friends to eat in the conference room as well.
- We encourage students to attend our athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school for $1.75.