Principal’s Update 1/21
1. Work is progressing on the construction of the auxiliary gym to the south of the school. Footers have been poured and the block walls are going up.
2. 7th and 8th-grade students earning a 3.75 GPA or higher, received an invitation last week to apply for National Junior Honor Society. There is an application packet that interested students will need to complete and return. Please talk with your child about the importance of carefully filling out the application by the deadline.
3. Remember to get signed up by February 1, for the 7th Grade Chicago Trip at https://gogmt.com/greenfieldcentral2020-2/
February 5- eLearning Day (students work from home)
February 12- “End Zone” 8th grade info night at GCHS
February 17- Presidents Day (weather make up day)
Reminder: Any student who plans to participate/try-out for any sport must have an updated physical turned into the GCJHS office and submit the required online paperwork through RankOne. Please contact Mr. Wilson with any questions @ email@example.com.
Here is the GCJHS Athletics schedule for January 21-25.
Tuesday, Jan. 21st:
Wrestling @ Belzer — 5:30pm
7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs Connersville — 5:30pm
Wednesday, Jan. 22nd:
7th Grade & 8th Grade Boys Basketball (A Teams) vs Benjamin Rush — 5:30pm
7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball @ Triton Central — 5:30pm
Thursday, Jan. 23rd:
7th Grade & 8th Grade Boys Basketball (B Teams) vs Knightstown — 5:30pm
7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball @ Southport — 5:30pm
Saturday, Jan. 25th:
7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball @ Connersville — 5:30pm
Wrestling @ Delta — 10am
Concession Stand Special
We will be running a “What’s Poppin’?” Special in the concession stand for any and all spectators that attend any of the games. What’s the “What’s Poppin?” Special? I am glad that you asked. For each purchase of a candy item (M&Ms [plain or peanut], Ring Pop, Skittles [regular], Kit-Kat, Snickers) from the concession stand, you will receive one free bag of popcorn. *Offer is good for any and all spectators; 1 candy item purchased = 1 free bag of popcorn.* Remember staff members get free admission to the game with your ECA pass and students get free admission to the game by wearing Blue and Gold.
Winter Athletic Portraits
Your student-athlete(s) and parents have three ways to order portraits!
Pre-ordering online at www.lifetouchsports.com – This is open 48 hours after portrait day! Here is the direct online order link:
Every student-athlete will receive a picture package after portrait day. If a student-athlete did NOT order anything, they will get a proof sheet that shows the portrait we captured of them and the ordering instructions in case they did want to purchase after portrait day.
Dance Team – Competition Results – 1/18/2020
Avon Contest Results The girls placed 2nd in Pom!
Ally Siegel, Finnley Green & Hannah Torga placed third in their ensemble!
Student-Athlete of the Week
Jayln Smith is the student-athlete of the week. Coach Pangburn states Jayln Smith is the prime example of student-athlete and leader. She has continued to grow and led the 7th-grade basketball team. You will find her going hard after rebounds, setting screens, and talking on defense. She never stops working hard, is always positive, and excels in the classroom as a student. Jayln is always helping others whether on the court or just making everyone around her laugh and smile off the court. She is a great example for all student-athletes of how to be a leader both on and off the court. Solid work, Jayln!
Coach of the Month
Do you feel your student-athlete’s coach has done a tremendous job w/ communication, putting student-athletes first, or simply providing a great experience for your son or daughter? Please consider nominating him/her for “Coach of the Month” by filling out the following form: https://forms.gle/of3BJ2rJjLy5oGGw9
Clubs and Contacts
- G4C jFrye@gcsc.k12.in.us and B4C jSpencer@gcsc.k12.in.us
- Yearbook firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acts of Kindness Club (AOK) email@example.com
- Makers Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Builders Club email@example.com
- Best Buddies firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prism email@example.com
- Student Council firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing Club email@example.com
- Robotics Club firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store.
- We are offering math tutoring at GCJHS on Mondays and Wednesdays, after school until 4:30 pm.
- 2019-2020 Yearbooks can be ordered online for $29. Follow this link to order yours!
- We will have an eLearning Day February 5.
- Car rider traffic- Please drop your child off along the curb. In order to keep all students safe during pick up and drop off, we ask that you only park in the parking lot if you plan to come into the building or the traffic has cleared.
- Lunch Menu
- If you would like to bring lunch for your child, please contact the office to reserve a conference room. Students can choose friends to eat in the conference room as well.
- We encourage students to attend our athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school for $1.75.
Principal, Greenfield-Central Junior High School