Principal’s Update 09/28/15
1. Students are taking quarterly assessments this week. We scheduled them out over a few days so students do not have all of their tests on the same day.
2. Indiana’s 21st Century Scholars Program offers income-eligible Hoosier students up to four years of paid tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university after they graduate from high school. Scholars who enroll are connected to programs and resources to help them plan, prepare, and pay for college. 7th and 8th grade Indiana students whose families meet income eligibility guidelines must apply to become a 21st Century Scholar by June 30 of the student’s 8th grade year. You can apply online at www.Scholars.IN.gov . You may also contact the school counselor for additional information.
Students with the last name A-K – Mrs. Elizabeth Fortuna (317) 477-4616 or [email protected]
Students with the last name L-Z – Mrs. Stephanie Belcher (317) 477-4616 or [email protected]
3. Parent Teacher Conferences will be October 29 and November 5. You will receive the link to sign up at the end of this week.
4. Students will begin testing the NWEA MAP tests after Fall Break. We plan to give the Reading portion of the test October 22 and 23. The Language and Math tests will follow, during the week of October 26.
1. If you know someone who would like to receive the GCJHS parent newsletter, please let them know they can sign up on our webpage.
2. We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them email me [email protected]
Instagram- gc_jhs and gcjhs_principal
3. Breakfast is available to students every morning before school.
4. We would love for everyone to register the Junior High on your Marsh Fresh Idea card. This is a simple, 3 minute web task. We use the points from Marsh to buy supplies and materials for the classroom! Go to http://www.freshideasforeducation.com and enter our school code: 49955
5. Please turn in book rental to the front office.
> October 2: End of first grading period
> October 5-16: Fall Break (No School)
> October 24: Report Cards available
> October 29 and November 5: Parent Teacher Conferences (3:40pm-7:10pm)