Principal’s Update: 8/10/20
Your children have been terrific students and citizens coming back to school! We have not had issues with masks like we thought we might. I think they are just so happy to see their friends. Thank you for what you are doing at home to support the school.
- Wednesday is the last day that students will be able to switch to or out of virtual school. We may make some additional schedule changes based on final numbers of students in each group. We are working to maximize our staff to benefit both versions of school.
- Weekly lesson plans posted by teachers.
- Textbook Fees can be paid in the office or online. The fees are $150.12 for 7th grade and $149.05 for 8th grade.
If you want to purchase insurance for your child’s ipad, this can be done through EZschool pay or you can send a check or cash with your child. Insurance costs $35 and there is a $25 co-pay.
- Virtual School Parents: If you have not picked up your child’s workbooks and other materials, please stop by the front office between 7:30am and 4pm soon.
We wanted to send something out to clear up some confusion on the attendance changes coming from the state. If your student is asked to stay home for 10 days by the clinic, which is following CDC guidelines, he/she will be coded in PowerSchool attendance as VIRT- COV — Virtual Temporary due to COVID -19. This is the coding that the Indiana Department of Education has asked us to use. This coding DOES NOT mean that your student has been moved to our corporation’s virtual program.
Please understand that only staff members see this information. Also, it does not necessarily mean that your student has COVID-19, it just means that your student is absent due to a COVID-19 situation.
If your student is sent home for 10 days, his/her teacher will be reaching out to you via email and/or Google Classroom so that your child can stay connected and working while they are gone.
As a reminder to all parents, you should NOT send your student to school if…
- the student has had direct contact (less than 6 feet apart, for 15 minutes or greater, regardless of face covering) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days OR
- the student has been directed by a healthcare professional or health department to be in quarantine or isolation OR
- the student has any of the following symptoms: temperature greater than 99.5, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, repeated shaking with chills, new onset of loss of taste or smell, fatigue, runny nose or congestion, headache, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea OR
- the student has received COVID testing for any reason and you have not yet received the results of the test. OR
- if anyone in the home has pending test results and is symptomatic
August 13-26 NWEA testing in ELA, math and science classes
August 26: School Pictures and Fall Sports Pictures (Virtual students can come in 2:15-3:15)
September 7: Labor Day (No School)
We are carefully considering all of the recommendations from the IHSAA regarding fall sports. Here is a link to the documents. We will post information for parents and fans as soon as we have finalized our plan. Please note that fans will need to be distanced, (six feet apart) so seating will be very limited.
Our competition schedule is available here. This schedule still continues to change as well: http://gcjhsathletics.weebly.com/team-schedules.html
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You can sign up on our webpage to receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates.
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
Principal, Greenfield-Central Junior High School