Principals Update 8/24/20
Rise Above It Workshop
Virtual Students Lunch Information
- Weekly lesson plans posted by teachers.
- Picture Day is Wednesday, August 26. Students will get their pictures during their math class. The PE classes will also send students who haven’t had their pictures taken yet. Students should have come home with order forms. Here is a link to order pictures online.
- Textbook Fees can be paid in the office or online. The fees are $150.12 for 7th grade and $149.05 for 8th grade.
If you want to purchase insurance for your child’s ipad, this can be done through EZschool pay or you can send a check or cash with your child. Insurance costs $35 and there is a $25 co-pay.
Virtual School Information
1. Attached is a parent information letter for serving lunch for virtual students.
2. Virtual School students can come for school pictures on Wednesday, August 26, 2:15-3:15.
2. If you have not picked up your child’s workbooks and other materials, please stop by the front office between 7:30am and 4pm soon. All students should be logged into Google classroom every day. We ask parents to check Powerschool and help to encourage your child to log in to Google Classroom daily, and complete all assigned work. Here is the daily schedule for students.
August 26: School Pictures and Fall Sports Pictures
September 7: Labor Day (No School)
October 5-16: Fall Break
- 7th Grade Boys basketball will have a callout meeting Wednesday, September 9, at 8:10am.
- 8th Grade Boys basketball will have a callout meeting Thursday, September 10, at 8:10am.
Here is a link to the IHSAA’s safety guidelines for fall sports events. Here are a couple of key points:
- Fans will need to wear a mask and keep six feet apart.
- We are limited to 250 fans for soccer and football. Volleyball games can have 175 fans. We simply ask Tennis and Cross-county fans to safely distance themselves.
- All tickets will be first come, first served.
- Student fans will need to be accompanied by a parent.
Our competition schedule is available here. This schedule still continues to change as well: http://gcjhsathletics.weebly.com/team-schedules.html
ISDH changed the information required on the written documentation from healthcare providers in order to allow a student or staff member back to school prior to the original date given for the 10 day quarantine period. The documentation must state that the symptoms are not COVID-19 related OR give an alternate diagnosis AND give a specific date the student or staff member is allowed to return.
Also, a negative COVID-19 test result does not allow a student or staff member to return prior to the original date given. It is only the written documentation from the healthcare provider mentioned above that is accepted for an early return. If a student or staff member was identified as a direct contact to a positive COVID-19 case and is asked to quarantine for 14 days, they must remain out of school for the entire 14 days.
If your student is asked to stay home for 10 days by the clinic, which is following CDC guidelines, he/she will be coded in PowerSchool attendance as VIRT- COV — Virtual Temporary due to COVID -19. This is the coding that the Indiana Department of Education has asked us to use. This coding DOES NOT mean that your student has been moved to our corporation’s virtual program.
Please understand that only staff members see this information. Also, it does not necessarily mean that your student has COVID-19, it just means that your student is absent due to a COVID-19 situation.
If your student is asked to quarantine, he/she should reach out to his/her teachers via email and/or Google Classroom so that your child can stay connected and working during the absence.
As a reminder to all parents, you should NOT send your student to school if…
- the student has had direct contact (less than 6 feet apart, for 15 minutes or greater, regardless of face covering) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days OR
- the student has been directed by a healthcare professional or health department to be in quarantine or isolation OR
- the student has any of the following symptoms: temperature greater than 99.5, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, repeated shaking with chills, new onset of loss of taste or smell, fatigue, runny nose or congestion, headache, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea OR
- the student has received COVID testing for any reason and you have not yet received the results of the test. OR
- if anyone in the home has pending test results and is symptomatic
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You can sign up on our webpage to receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates.
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
Mr.JackPrincipal, Greenfield-Central Junior High School