Principal’s Update May 3, 2021
- Weekly lesson plans posted by teachers.
- ILEARN is over! With the exception of some students who need to finish or make up some tests, we were able to finish the tests last week. The students did a great job staying focused and trying their best.
- Our end-of-the-year awards will be virtual this spring. Teachers are recording short videos and we will make them available on our web page at the end of the month.
- Our after school car rider line has been much busier this year. Safety is crucial! Please pull all the way up when loading. If your child is not waiting for you, when you get to the entrance, please pull ahead, closer to the tennis courts, or park in the parking lot.
- As COVID rates continue to rise, we kindly remind you not to send your child to school if someone in your household has a pending test or if your child is exhibiting COVID-like symptoms. Please help us finish the year strong and allow as many students to be on site as possible.
- Indiana schools will still require students to wear masks through the end of the school year. Please encourage your child to keep it on while at school.
- 2020-2021 Yearbooks are available for sale at this link.
Virtual School Information
- Device Collection May 25th 4 – 6pm – Door 9
- If you are having technology trouble, email our tech team at [email protected]
- All students should be logged into Google classroom every day. We ask parents to check Powerschool and help to encourage your child to log in to Google Classroom daily, and complete all assigned work. Powerschool may not have an accurate schedule. Here is the daily schedule for students.
May 4: Parade of Bands (GCHS)
May 19: Choir Concert
May 27: Last Student Day
Need assistance with a class? We encourage you to reach out to your teachers if you need some help with a class. Other options might include:
- Math tutoring after school each Tuesday and Thursday, 3:30pm-4:30pm.
- Please reach out to your school counselor for a copy of the corporation tutoring list.
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology’s Ask Rose tutoring services 7pm.-10pm, Sunday through Thursday 1-877-275-7673 or AskRose.org.
- Indiana Retired Teachers Association, 1pm.-5pm., Tuesday through Thursday 1-877-457-8839
If your child is home sick or is a close contact, we have asked teachers to continue to have their live classes in google meet, when possible. Make sure your child logs in from home for each class, according to their schedule. Some classes may just have simple instructions for the assignment, while others may be live for the whole period.
Please remind your child the importance of washing hands and wearing a mask over his/her mouth and nose while at school. We want to keep everyone safe and healthy.
If someone in your home is waiting for COVID test results, call our office and keep your child home until the results come back.
The COVID-19 Screening for Parents provided by the Indiana State Department of Health lists the following symptoms that will result in a student being sent home, or signal for a parent to keep a student home:
- Temperature of 100 or chills
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Cough or shortness of breath (especially new onset, uncontrolled cough)
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- Headache (particularly new onset of severe headache, especially with fever)
- New loss of taste or smell
This list does not include all possible symptoms. Other symptoms may be considered when determining when a student should stay home.
*If your child or someone in the household is waiting for test results, please do not send the children to school.
Should your student or someone in the household test positive for COVID-19, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible.
You may call the dedicated GC COVID-positive test result line at
(317) 477-4116 (this is a dedicated voicemail box and is not answered by school personnel) or email [email protected].
Please leave your student’s name, date of birth, date of test, and your
telephone number and email address. A GC nurse will be in contact with you as soon as possible following notification.
If you have a child who is quarantined (either as a close contact or someone who had the virus), please make sure they are engaging in their classes while they are gone. Everyone should log into their google classroom according to the daily schedule, when at home, unless they are too sick to work.
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please email “Stop” to [email protected]
PrincipalGreenfield Central Junior High SchoolTwitter: @GCJHS_principal