1. We are finishing our last ISTEP tests for this round today. The students have been very cooperative throughout this first round. Attendance has been great! We just have a few make-up tests to give this week.
2. The students have been working hard to prepare for the spring musical, “The Secret Garden.” They will perform Thursday, March 10, at 7 PM. Admission is $3.
3. Quarter 3 assessments will be given at the end of next week. Students who are absent will need to make arrangements to take the assessments when they return from spring break. Some classes require a two-day test, but most assessments will follow this schedule:
Related Arts (Wellness, Art, Choir, Band, MIE, FACS)
Related Arts (World Language, Business, Computers, Tech)
4. 8th Grade Parents: Come join us Under the Sea!
The eighth-grade dance committee is looking for help from parent volunteers! We need an energetic crew to help with decorating after school on Friday, April 15 and parents with dancing shoes to help chaperone the dance and clean up on Saturday, April 16. Only those parents who are registered chaperones will be able to enter the dance on Saturday.
5. Softball tryouts will begin Tuesday, March 8 after school. There will also be a parent meeting that evening at 5:30pm
1. Yearbooks are still on sale and are $27.00. You can write a check payable to GCJHS and send it in with your student or you can order online at yearbookforever.com.
Mrs. Scott also needs pictures of eighth graders for the slide show at the end of the year. We know parents and students are always snapping pictures at events. Please send pictures to email@example.com.
2. If you know someone who would like to receive the GCJHS parent newsletter, please let them know they can sign up on our webpage.
3. We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Instagram- gc_jhs and gcjhs_principal
4. Breakfast is available to students every morning before school.
5. This is the last month to sign up! We would love for everyone to register the Junior High on your Marsh Fresh Idea card. This is a simple, 3 minute web task. We use the points from Marsh to buy supplies and materials for the classroom! Go to http://www.freshideasforeducation.com and enter our school code: 49955
6. Cougar Cross Country Camp for 6th – 8th grade!
July 18-21, 8:00-10:30 at Brandywine Park
Running, games, prizes, and a camp race with awards!
Online and traditional registration at gcjhsxc.weebly.com
Contact Coach Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Upcoming Dates:
March 10: Spring Musical 7pm