The students were excited to be back today! Some students will change classes if they had a class that is a 9 weeks class (Computers, Art, MIE, Business, and sometimes, Wellness.) We told them that today is a fresh start in their classes. If they fell short of their goals, they can create new habits for studying and completing their homework. If they met their goals last quarter, they can continue the hard work they have put in so far. The second quarter always seems to go by fast!
1. Our Parent Teacher Conference dates this year are Thursday, October 27th and Thursday, November 3rd. Please sign up to conference with your child’s teachers. Go to this link to sign up: https://www.ptcfast.com/schools/Greenfield_Central_Junior_High_School
2. Report cards will be available on PowerSchool Friday afternoon.
3. This week, you should receive a postcard about our Flex Pilot eLearning days. We need to have an RSVP for every student so that we can plan for the day! Here is the link to RSVP, in the event you do not receive the postcard: http://tinyurl.com/gcflexrsvp
4. Boys Basketball tryouts will begin this Wednesday. The 8th Graders will be right after school on Wednesday and the 7th grade will begin at 5:30 p.m. Athletes must have a physical turned in to participate.
5. Girls Basketball open gyms will be Mondays and Wednesdays 6pm-8pm at Greenfield Intermediate School. Athletes must have a physical turned in to participate.
6. If you would like to sign up to access the parent page for your child’s Google classroom, here is the link to sign up: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScbl8PHAb_SSaFbGVcgls4Cfjz_gNLkiHlFVyPAWc98rK0ACA/viewform?c=0&w=1
7. Yankee Candle Sales for 8th grade students going to Washington, D.C. will wrap up on October 21. Please make sure all money and orders are turned in Friday! Mrs. Greene would love to have some parents help with the candle orders. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
October 27 and November 3: Parent Teacher Conferences.
November 11: Veterans Day Program, 9:30am
November 16 and February 8: Elearning days (students work from home)
November 23-25: Thanksgiving Break
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO): Meets the last Wednesday of each month in the school cafeteria! Please consider joining!
Students can be dropped off to wait outside in the morning. The doors to the building will be open beginning at 8:20 a.m. each day.
Breakfast is available for $1.75, to students every school day, at 8:20 a.m.
Textbook Fees can be turned in to the front office. 7th Grade fees are $150.26 8th Grade fees are $149.47
Connect with us:
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High