Principal’s Update 11/7/16
1. You are invited to our Veterans Day program on Friday, at 9:30am, in the gym. The forty-five minute program is student-led and includes performances from our band and choirs.
2. Students will begin hearing about “APE Day” this week. APE stands for Academic Progress is for Everyone. Students will be challenged to beat their August NWEA test scores. Our first round of scores were really strong, and we want to continue pushing to improve. Students who show improvement, will get to participate in a special event on December 21.
3. Friday, November 18th the GCJHS PTO will be hosting it’s 2nd annual Family Trivia Night. Families or friend groups can reserve a table, order a pizza and play a fun game of trivia and compete with other GCJHS families and staff. Indy’s Live Trivia will be here to stump us and keep us entertained!
Please register your family at the following link. On that link you can also pre-order pizza! The concession stand will be open with pizza-by-the-slice, candy, soda, desserts and other snacks! You won’t want to miss this fun night! Pre-orders are encouraged and are the most economical!
4. If you haven’t RSVP’d for the Flex Pilot eLearning day, please do so! Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/1FAIpQLSd5o3- H9u2OCvyo8k9co- 6J0m2IfNLVQblG70EQbtNNHH7ezA/ viewform
5. If you missed parent teacher conferences, please reach out to your child’s teachers by email or phone. We want to keep all lines of communication open so that your child will succeed.
November 11: Veterans Day Program, 9:30am
November 14: Picture Retakes
November 16: Elearning day (students work from home)
November 23-25: Thanksgiving Break
November 30: NWEA middle of year testing begins
December 6: 7th Grade field trip
December 19 and 20: Semester Exams
Students can be dropped off to wait outside in the morning. The doors to the building will be open beginning at 8:20 a.m. each day. If temperatures dip below freezing, students will be permitted to come into the building beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Breakfast is available for $1.75, to students every school day, at 8:20 a.m.
Textbook Fees can be turned in to the front office. 7th Grade fees are $150.26 8th Grade fees are $149.47 Credit/Debit cards will be accepted, in person, until November 30.
Connect with us:
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High