Principals Update 9/3/19
Literacy Night Flier
- Please join us for Literacy Night at GCJHS on September 4, 6-8pm. We will have lots of fun activities, giveaways, and the book fair! It will be fun for the whole family.
- Our school-wide fundraiser is in full swing. Students can turn in their money envelopes to their first-period teachers. 100% of the money goes to GCJHS for school programs, student incentives, and benevolence.
- The book fair is here. Students can visit the library during the day or you can place orders online. https://www.scholastic.com/bf/greenfieldcentraljuniorhigh1
- Textbook statements are in the mail. If you did not pay textbook and lab fees at MacBook rollout in July, you should receive a bill soon. You can send the money with your child, or pay online with EZSchool Pay.
Clubs and Contacts
- Spell Bowl email@example.com
- Yearbook firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acts of Kindness Club (AOK) email@example.com
- Makers Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Builders Club email@example.com
- Best Buddies firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prism email@example.com
- Student Council firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing Club email@example.com
- Robotics Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 4: Literacy Night at GCJHS
- September 13: “Choose Kind” Walk-a-thon
- September 26: GCJHS Night at Dairy Queen
- October 21: GCJHS Night at Jim Dandy
- October 26: Run3ForDC 5k Run/Walk
- October 28: Band, Choir and Strings Concert
- October 29 and November 6: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- November 7: eLearning Day
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance, and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
Tuesday, Sept. 3:
1. Tennis @ New Palestine — 5pm
2. Cross Country @ New Palestine — 5pm
3. 7th & 8th-grade football vs. Connersville — 5:30pm
4. Volleyball vs. Eastern Hancock — 5:30 pm
Thursday, Sept. 5:
1. Girls Soccer @ Shelbyville — 5 pm
Boys Soccer @ Shelbyville — 6:15pm
2. Tennis @ Shelbyville — 5pm
3. Volleyball vs. Creston — 5:30 pm
Saturday, Sept. 7:
1. Volleyball @ Yorktown (HHC Tournament) — 9am
- Car rider traffic- Please drop your child off along the curb. In order to keep all students safe during pick up and drop off, we ask that you only park in the parking lot if you plan to come into the building or the traffic has cleared.
- Lunch Menu
- If you would like to bring lunch for your child, please contact the office to reserve a conference room. Students can choose friends to eat in the conference room as well.
- We encourage students to attend GCJHS athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- We will have two eLearning Days this year, where students will work from home and teachers will keep office hours. The dates are November 7 and February 5. School days canceled due to weather can also be eLearning days. If this occurs, details will be given in the automated phone call.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school for $1.75.
- Textbook Fees can be turned in anytime this month. $150.12 for 7th grade and $149.05 for 8th grade.
If you still want to purchase insurance for your child’s MacBook, it will need to be inspected at the time of payment. This can be done during the school day. Insurance costs $50 and has a $40 deductible for each claim.