Principal’s Update 12/2
1. Join us at Culver’s tomorrow, for our last Washington, D.C. fundraiser. Several teachers will be there to deliver food to your table or car in the drive thru! No flier necessary.
2. DECEMBER CONCERTS
Strings & Choir Concert
- 6:30pm – 7th Grade Choirs
- 7:00pm – Strings (7th and 8th Grade)
- 7:30pm – 8th Grade Choirs
- Tuesday, 12/17/2019 7:00pm
3. We will have an 8th grade DC trip update meeting on Wednesday, December 11, at 6:30pm. We will have important updates on flights, funds and travel requirements.
- December 3: Culver’s Dine to Donate for DC
- December 3-11: NWEA Middle of Year Testing
- December 11: DC Traveler Update meeting
- December 16: Choir and Strings Concert 6:30pm
- December 17: Band Concert 7pm
- December 19: Final Exams in periods 1,3,5,7
- December 20: Final Exams in periods 2,4,6
Student-Athlete of the Week: Braden Robertson is the student-athlete of the week. Braden represents the 8th-grade boy’s basketball team and is a great representative of GCJHS. Braden was recently selected as a captain by his teammates. In his first two games, he has been the leading scorer averaging 13.5 ppg. Even more impressive than his abilities on the floor, is how he performs in the classroom. Braden finished with straight A’s last quarter. Solid work, Braden!
Congratulations to all the student-athletes that made the final cuts for the Girls Basketball teams.
Wrestling Practices begin today after school from 3:30 – 5:30pm.
Swimming will start up after Winter Break.
The Boys Basketball teams will be recognized at the High School Boys Basketball game against Indian Creek on the evening of Saturday, December 7th.
Reminder: Any student who plans to participate/try-out for any Winter sport must have an updated physical turned into the GCJHS office and submit the required online paperwork through RankOne. Please contact Mr. Wilson with any questions @ email@example.com.
Monday, December 2nd: 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball – A Teams @ Stoneybrook @ 5:30pm
Thursday, December 5th: 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball – A Teams @ Shelbyville @ 5:30pm; HHC Tournament
Saturday, December 7th: Boys Basketball – HHC Tournament Finals @ Pendleton Heights, Time is TBD
Clubs and Contacts
- G4C jFrye@gcsc.k12.in.us and B4C jSpencer@gcsc.k12.in.us
- Spell Bowl firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yearbook email@example.com
- Acts of Kindness Club (AOK) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Makers Club email@example.com
- Builders Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Buddies email@example.com
- Prism firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Council email@example.com
- Writing Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robotics Club email@example.com
Here are ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store.
- We are offering math tutoring at GCJHS on Mondays and Wednesdays, after school until 4:30 pm.
- 2019-2020 Yearbooks can be ordered online for $29. Follow this link to order yours!
- We will have an eLearning Day February 5.
- Car rider traffic- Please drop your child off along the curb. In order to keep all students safe during pick up and drop off, we ask that you only park in the parking lot if you plan to come into the building or the traffic has cleared.
- Lunch Menu
- If you would like to bring lunch for your child, please contact the office to reserve a conference room. Students can choose friends to eat in the conference room as well.
- We encourage students to attend our athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school for $1.75.
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School