Principal’s Update 5/23/16
1. Awards programs are this week! Post cards were sent home for any student who will receive an award. We would like all 8th graders to come to the Thursday evening program, if they are able.
The awards programs will be held in the gym. Parking for the awards programs is available on both the east and west sides of the building.
8th grade parents- We have lots of pictures for the awards program slide show. Thank you for sending them in. The slide show is done and ready to go!!
2. On Tuesday, May 31, students will have an opportunity to clean out their lockers in the morning. The 8th grade will have a cookout (they will be asked to bring in an item to share.) Then, after lunches, the 8th grade will report to the cafeteria for the talent show. It will be live-streamed to 7th grade classrooms.
3. Greenfield-Central Summer Food Service Program
Greenfield Central Schools is hosting a Summer Food Service Program. This program offers free meals to children under 19 years of age. Parents don’t have to come with their children; although, you are welcome, but only children can eat.
Free meals will be provided at three Greenfield locations beginning June 1 through July 29:
– At Harris Elementary, 200 W. Park St., breakfast will be served weekdays from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. and lunch will be served weekdays 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Closed on July 4. The entrance is on the south side of the building, door #4. There will be signs to help you find your way.
– At Boys and Girls Club of Hancock County, 715 E. Lincoln St., Greenfield, breakfast will be served weekdays from 7 to 8 a.m. and lunch will be served weekdays from 11 a.m. to noon. This site will be closed July 4, and July 25 thru July 29.
– New for this year!
At Greenfield-Central High School, 810 N. Broadway St., door 14, breakfast will be served weekdays from 7:15 to 8:15 a.m. and lunch will be served weekdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Closed July 4. Door 14 is on the west side of the building; enter from 7th street and turn north on Cougar Service Lane. There will be signs to help direct you.
For additional information you can contact Linda Weirich at 317.514.9397.
4. We distributed yearbooks last week. There are a few still available for $27, if you still want one.
5. Please follow this link to complete a parent survey about GCJHS https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/IPLICO3L1MidParent_WFFBTDY
6. The Kings Island Trip is almost full! Limited spots will be filled in the order they are received with a signed permission slip and payment.
7. Athletic Physicals — An updated physical (dates on/after April 1) must be turned in prior to participation in summer athletic activities. The physical must be on the IHSAA physical form, contain an original doctor’s signature, and include the doctor’s license number. Physicals can be turned into the junior high office.
8. Athletic paperwork — The online paperwork for athletic participation in 2016-17 can now be completed by going to www.rankonesport.com. This paperwork must be submitted prior to participating in summer athletic activities.
9. Clinic News: Please keep in mind that no medication can be sent home with students per state law. Therefore, we would ask that you pick this up at the conclusion of the year, or it will be properly disposed of.
10. Lost and Found: We would ask that if your child has misplaced an item over the last few weeks, please have them check the lost and found table by the health classroom. Any item remaining at the end of the school year will be donated to a local charity.
8th Grade Dates
May 26- 8th grade awards night 7pm
May 31- 8th Grade cookout at lunch
7th Grade Dates
May 27- 7th Grade Awards 9am
May 26: 8th Grade awards 7pm
May 27: 7th Grade awards 9am
May 30: Memorial Day – No School
May 31: Last day of school- Talent show
June 2: Kings Island Trip for High Honor Roll Students
Lunch Menu for the remainder of the year.
Pizza or Teriyaki Chicken
Pork Chop Sandwich, Hamburger, Chicken Sandwich or Mandarin Chicken
Turkey Sandwich or Philly Cheese Steak
Cheese or Buffalo Chicken Pull A Parts or Fettuccine Alfredo
Cheese or Pepperoni Bosco or Chicken Tenders (8th Grade will have a cookout)
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High