Principal’s Update 11/9/15
1. ISTEP News: Your child should have brought your Parent Invitation Letter home last Tuesday.
Process for Parents/Guardians to Request Rescore:
Parents/guardians will log in to the CTB Parent Network to view the following using the information on your Parent Invitation Letter:
-Student scale score
-Pass+, Pass, Did Not Pass status
-Number of points possible on applied skills items
-Number of points student earned on applied skills items
-Parents/guardians may request a rescore of any applied skills items for which the student did not receive full credit.
*The “Rescore Request Window” will be open November 9-13 ONLY.
2. NWEA MAP Testing Results – These will be available in your Powerschool Parent Portal beginning today. If you have specific questions, please contact your child’s teacher or counselor. Please know that our “beginning of the year” test was taken 11 weeks into the school year. Therefore, the comparison to the district mean is fair; however, a comparison to the norm may be inflated as other students took the test several weeks less instruction than our students. Next year, the BOY test will be taken in the first couple of weeks of school. A letter from Mrs. Vail, Assistant Superintendent is attached to the this email with more details.
3. Friday, November 20th, GCJHS PTO will host its first big fundraiser. They have planned a fun night of trivia and food that will entertain the whole family! Students and parents will be able to reserve an entire table for their friends or family members. They may also order a pizza, drinks and other yummy treats! Save the date! 11/20/15 6:30-9:00 pm! Indy’s Live Trivia will be our hosts for the evening. Indy’s live Trivia hosts are fun and entertaining!
4. We are excited to have our Violin class perform at the school board meeting tonight. Congratulations to each of those students for pioneering a new class this year!
1. For those families in need of Christmas assistance, United Christmas Service applications are now available at the school. Applications will be accepted through November 16th. For further information, please contact Mrs. Fortuna (students with the last name A-K) or Mrs. Belcher (students with the last name L-Z), school counselor, at 477-4616.
2. If you know someone who would like to receive the GCJHS parent newsletter, please let them know they can sign up on our webpage.
3. We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Instagram- gc_jhs and gcjhs_principal
4. Breakfast is available to students every morning before school.
5. We would love for everyone to register the Junior High on your Marsh Fresh Idea card. This is a simple, 3 minute web task. We use the points from Marsh to buy supplies and materials for the classroom! Go to http://www.
freshideasforeducation.com and enter our school code: 49955
6. Please turn in book rental to the front office.
November 10: Fall Play Performance
November 11: Veteran’s Day Program 9:30am
November 16: Picture Retakes
November 25th-27th: Thanksgiving Break
December 3: 7th Grade field trip to A Christmas Carol
December 15: Band and Choir Concert
December 21st–January 1st: Winter Break
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School