School is back in session! We are thrilled to have your child at Greenfield Central Junior High School for the 2016-17 school year! It is our hope that you and your child have a great educational experience this year. In order to communicate the latest news, we will send out weekly newsletters and occasional mid-week updates.
1. It is important to us that students are safe at school. We have a few safety precautions to know:
A. All visitors coming beyond the main office will need state I.D. to create a visitor badge.
B. The parking lot can get busy! Please do not have your student cross traffic to get to/from your car. Please be considerate of others and keep the drop-off/pick-up line moving quickly.
C. Athletes should be picked up from practices in the front lot.
2. Tomorrow evening is our Meet Your Child’s Teachers Night. It will be open house style, so you can come and follow your child’s schedule to meet teachers at your pace. The evening will go from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
3. Students can be dropped off to wait outside in the morning. The doors to the building will be open beginning at 8:20a.m. each day.
4. Attention 8th Grade Parents! Each spring we take 250+ 8th graders and parents to Washington, D.C. This year, we will go May 10-14, 2017. There is an important informational meeting with the tour company on Tuesday, August 2, at 6:00pm, in the cafeteria.
5. Most athletic practices/tryouts begin today! Students must have a current physical on file to participate. Our competition schedule is available at this website http://gchscougars.com/
and click on “Junior High.”
6. We encourage students to attend athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events. We have class T-shirts for every 7th grade student. They can pick them up at home football or volleyball games for the next two weeks.
7. Breakfast is available to students every morning before school.
8. We would love for everyone to register the Junior High on your Marsh Fresh Idea card. This is a simple, 2 minute web task. We use the points from Marsh to buy supplies and materials for the classroom! Go to http://www.freshideasforeducation.com
and enter our school code: 49955
9. Textbook Fees can be turned in anytime this month. 7th Grade fees are $150.26 8th Grade fees are 149.47
If you still want to purchase insurance for your child’s MacBook, it will need to be inspected at the time of payment. This can be done during the school day. Insurance costs $59.70 and has a $50 deductible for each claim.
10. Students are watching a series of “MacBook Bootcamp” videos this week during classes. We will have a link to these videos on our webpage by the end of the week, so you can view and go over them with your child, if you wish.
August 2: 8th Grade trip to Washington, D.C. information meeting 6:00-6:30pm (cafeteria)
August 2: Meet Your Child’s Teachers Night 6:30pm-8:00pm (open house style)
August 4: Athletic Information Night for parents 7:00pm
August 16: Sister City Kakuda students visit GCJHS
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
(We just hired our webmaster for the school year, so we hope to have it updated by the end of the week!)
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School