Principal’s Update 4/27
1. Parents of 7th Graders: Most 7th grade students were able to take related arts classes for 9 weeks this year. In 8th grade, students are able to choose related arts classes that they liked best and take the advanced course for a semester. All 8th graders will take health for a semester and Preparing for College and Careers for a semester. Students will receive a high school credit for Preparing for College and Careers. 7th grade social studies teachers will push out a link to rank their top choices for next year. Here is a link to brief descriptions of each related arts course.
2. Chicago Trip Refunds: Grueninger Tours will begin refunding money to families for the Chicago Trip. The tour company was able to refund $125 for students, and $136 for parent chaperones. They will be mailing checks this week.
3. DC Trip Information: Grueninger is almost ready to issue refunds for the DC trip. working to get refunds from all the vendors. We anticipate this will happen in the next week or two. Once we get a final notification and total, we will notify you. If you purchased the insurance policy, you can begin the claim process.
4. As of now, students are not allowed into the building. Once Governor Holcomb lifts the “stay at home” order, we will work to set up an opportunity for students to retrieve personal items from their lockers, etc.
5. If you need technology support for your child’s support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the student’s name, school, and tech issue. The tech department will work with you to solve the issue.
6. WIFI access is available in the south parking lots of Maxwell Intermediate and Eden Elementary. The Hancock County Public Library also extended WIFI to their parking lot.
Sports and Clubs Info
Here are ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School