Principal’s Update 4/20
I hope you are well! We know it’s not easy doing school remotely. Please reach out to your child’s teachers if you have questions or concerns about school work.
1. Many have asked about refunds for Chicago and D.C. Grueninger is working to get refunds from all the vendors. This includes the bus companies, museums, restaurants, and for D.C., the hotel. As you can imagine, this is a time-consuming process since there have been so many cancellations from across the country. As soon as they have refunds ready, we will send out a notification. The refund checks will be mailed to your homes.
2. I have also had questions about getting back into the building for various needs. As of now, students are not allowed into the building. Once Governor Holcomb lifts the “stay at home” order, we will work to set up an opportunity for students to retrieve personal items from their lockers, etc.
3. If you need technology support for your child’s support, please email email@example.com stating the student’s name, school, and tech issue. The tech department will work with you to solve the issue.
4. WIFI access is available in the south parking lots of Maxwell Intermediate and Eden Elementary. The Hancock County Public Library also extended WIFI to their parking lot.
5. Here is a note from Mrs. Fortuna and Mrs. Smith:
Many of us are facing new challenges and distractions as a result of our current situation. For some students, it may be difficult to stay focused on schoolwork during these uncertain times. We would like to help our students get on track by providing some helpful tips on how to stay organized. Please click on the following link for more information:
Greenfield-Central Junior High School counselors are holding their office hours from 2 PM to 4 PM Monday through Friday. During this time, they plan to check in with students and families. Also, please know that they will be available during our eLearning days from 9 AM- 4 PM via email. (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) They will respond to your emails as soon as possible. Please let them know if there is anything they can do to help.
6. Mrs. Kile, Counselor at G-CHS, has been sending email announcements to all 8th-grade students about summer school. I sent out a copy of that document last week and it’s linked above.
Sports and Clubs Info
Here are ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Principal, Greenfield-Central Junior High School