1. The Fall Fine Arts Festival is tonight! You can park in the front and back of the building and admission is $2. We expect a big crowd, so come early and enjoy the student artwork on display before the program.
2. We will be collecting envelopes for our school-wide fundraiser through Thursday. Our goal is for each student to get $7 in donations. It looks like Thursday will be a nice day!
3. Just 10 school days left in the first quarter! Students will be taking quarterly assessments next week. Look for study materials to come home (or digitally in Google Classroom.)
4. As we wait for ISTEP reports from the State, we continue to look to NWEA assessment for “real-time” information. Teachers are looking at the results and adjusting their curriculum to meet students’ needs. Most students have met with their math, English and science teachers to look at their scores and set goals for the year. A special committee of teachers and students is working to create guidelines for a special event we will have for students who show growth. Stay tuned for more information!
5. Today is the day we kick off our campaign supporting the Imagination Library! Imagination Library delivers a book monthly to each enrolled child until their fifth birthday. At Greenfield-Central, our theme for this week is “Give 1”. If each of us will give just one dollar (10 dimes, 4 quarters) – we could give Imagination Library to 36 children for all 5 years. Students can donate at lunch time.
6. We will be using an online software program to register for parent-teacher conferences. More information about this program will be in next week’s newsletter. Our conference dates this year are Thursday, October 27th and Thursday, November 3rd.
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO): Meets the last Wednesday of each month in the school cafeteria! Please consider joining!
Students can be dropped off to wait outside in the morning. The doors to the building will be open beginning at 8:20a.m. each day.
Breakfast is available for $1.75, to students every school day, at 8:20a.m.
Textbook Fees can be turned in to the front office. 7th Grade fees are $150.26 8th Grade fees are $149.47
September 19: Fall Fine Arts Festival (6:00 PM Bands, 7:00 Strings, 7:30 PM Choirs)
September 22: Walk-a-thon Fundraiser
October 3-14: Fall Break
November 16 and February 8: Elearning days (students work from home)
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Dan Jack, Principal
Greenfield Central Junior High