Principal’s Update 9/30
- Applebee’s Flapjack Breakfast D.C. Fundraiser
- CLAW application https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A87e23cda-ac0c-4ca7-9d42-0f9bdbc41252
- Club Lacrosse Callouts
- Thanks to all who came out to our Dairy Queen Night last week. We had a huge crowd! The next restaurant night fundraiser is Jim Dandy, on October 21.
- Cougar Leaders At Work (CLAW) is a club that will meet once a month, in the evenings, to discuss and develop leadership skills. Each month, a different leadership skill is introduced and practiced. Seventh and eighth grade students are encouraged to apply. Applications are due Thursday, October 3. (see attachment)
- The 8th graders going to Washington, D.C. in May will host a Flapjack Breakfast at Applebees’s on November 9. Purchase tickets for $10 from the front office or your favorite 8th grader.
- Sign up for the Run3ForDC 5k Run/Walk by October 1 to receive a race T-shirt. It will take place on Saturday, October 26 on the GCJHS campus. Register online with this link. https://runsignup.com/Race/IN/Greenfield/Run3forDC
Clubs and Contacts
- G4C [email protected] and B4C [email protected]
- Spell Bowl [email protected]
- Yearbook [email protected]
- Acts of Kindness Club (AOK) [email protected]
- Makers Club [email protected]
- Builders Club [email protected]
- Best Buddies [email protected]
- Prism [email protected]
- Student Council [email protected]
- Writing Club [email protected]
- Robotics Club [email protected]
- October 7-18: Fall Break
- October 21: GCJHS Night at Jim Dandy
- October 25: Report cards available after 3pm
- October 26: Run3ForDC 5k Run/Walk
- October 28: Band, Choir and Strings Concert
- October 29: Picture Retakes
- October 29 and November 6: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- November 7: eLearning Day (Students work from home)
Here are ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance, and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
We have had a great fall season. This week will wrap up fall sports, and winter sports callouts will begin after Fall Break. Our student-athletes have been amazing, both in the classroom and on the field!
Follow this link for high school fall sports recap.
Monday, Sept. 30
- Tennis vs Morristown
- Boys and Girls Soccer vs Delta
- Volleyball @ New Palestine Jr High
- Cross Country Conference @ New Castle MS
Tuesday, October 1
- Tennis @ Eastern Hancock
- 7th Football vs Shelbyville
- 8th Football @ Shelbyville MS
Wednesday, October 2
- Cross Country @ Pendleton Heights MS
- Boy and Girls Soccer @ Franklin Community MS
Thursday, October 3
- Tennis vs Waldron
- Girls Soccer @ Shelbyville MS
- 7th Football @ Yorktown MS
- 8th Football vs Yorktown MS
- This year, we will have two eLearning Days (November 7 and February 5). A change from last year is our schools will no longer be open those days for kids to come and work. We are working with some local agencies (like the Boys and Girls Club) to find a place for kids who don’t have supervision at home those days.
- Car rider traffic- Please drop your child off along the curb. In order to keep all students safe during pick up and drop off, we ask that you only park in the parking lot if you plan to come into the building or the traffic has cleared.
- Lunch Menu
- If you would like to bring lunch for your child, please contact the office to reserve a conference room. Students can choose friends to eat in the conference room as well.
- We encourage students to attend athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- We will have two eLearning Days this year, where students will work from home and teachers will keep office hours. The dates are November 7 and February 5. School days canceled due to weather can also be eLearning days. If this occurs, details will be given in the automated phone call.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school for $1.75.
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School