Principals Update April 5, 2021
GC Virtual School Information and Application for 2021-2022
Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation recognizes that we must continue to offer innovative educational opportunities so that we can reach each student and support his or her social, emotional, and academic growth. In order to serve our students who have found success in the virtual environment, Greenfield-Central will offer a Virtual Programming option for all students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 — GCVirtual.
GCVirtual is meant to meet the needs of students and families who have shown that they can remain engaged in their academic journey in a fully-virtual environment. Students who have not been successful in the virtual environment will not be considered for admittance and will be invited to attend classes onsite throughout the school year. Please find the link to the entire handbook here.
In order to maintain clear expectations and communicate commitments between students, families, and Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation educators, the attached guide offers explanations and guidance for families. Questions regarding GCVirtual should be directed to administrators (page 3) and/or counselors (page 8). A link to the GCVirtual application can be found on the first and last pages of the handbook.
We look forward to partnering with families who engage in GCVirtual.
- Weekly lesson plans posted by teachers.
- Linked here is a survey for all parents of GCJHS students. We are working to improve the junior high experience for all students and their parents. Please follow the link to give us your feedback.
- We will have our ILEARN practice test on Wednesday and ILEARN Tests will be given the mornings of April 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, and 29. Biology students will test April 23. Please make sure your child is charging her/his ipad every night.
- The Hancock County Children’s Theater is currently accepting applications for their summer program. If your child is interested in acting, singing, dancing, art, or theater tech, be sure to turn in an application. Go to hancockcountychildrenstheater.org and fill out an application.
- 2020-2021 Yearbooks are available for sale at this link.
Virtual School Information
- ILEARN for virtual students is scheduled for April 19, 21, and 22, 1:45pm-4:45pm.
- If you are having technology trouble, email our tech team at [email protected]
- All students should be logged into Google classroom every day. We ask parents to check Powerschool and help to encourage your child to log in to Google Classroom daily, and complete all assigned work. Powerschool may not have an accurate schedule. Here is the daily schedule for students.
April 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, and 29: ILEARN Testing (onsite students)
The Energy Assistance Program is a federally funded grant designed to assist low-income families with the high cost of home energy. It pays a benefit directly into the client’s utility account to help offset the higher cost of heat in the winter.
While EAP can help low-income families with a portion of their heating costs, funding is not available to pay entire heating costs for families. If you can check “yes” to any of the questions in the application, you may be eligible for an additional $350 Cares Act Benefit. See the application attached to this email.
1. The annual in-school physical night is April 15. We appreciate the partnership with Hancock Health as they will be staffing our event with members of their medical team. Please visit our website, by clicking the link below to get more information!
Date: Thursday, April 15th
Time: 5:00 to 9:00 pm
Appointments are required – using the sign up link on the website.
For Greenfield-Central students entering grades 6-12 for the 2021-2022 school year.
2. Contact Mr. Jeff Sincroft with any ECA/Athletics questions. [email protected]
If your child is home sick or is a close contact, we have asked teachers to continue to have their live classes in google meet, when possible. Make sure your child logs in from home for each class, according to their schedule. Some classes may just have simple instructions for the assignment, while others may be live for the whole period.
Please remind your child the importance of washing hands and wearing a mask over his/her mouth and nose while at school. We want to keep everyone safe and healthy.
If someone in your home is waiting for COVID test results, call our office and keep your child home until the results come back.
The COVID-19 Screening for Parents provided by the Indiana State Department of Health lists the following symptoms that will result in a student being sent home, or signal for a parent to keep a student home:
- Temperature of 100 or chills
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Cough or shortness of breath (especially new onset, uncontrolled cough)
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- Headache (particularly new onset of severe headache, especially with fever)
- New loss of taste or smell
This list does not include all possible symptoms. Other symptoms may be considered when determining when a student should stay home.
*If your child or someone in the household is waiting for test results, please do not send the children to school. Should your student or someone in the household test positive for COVID-19, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible.
You may call the dedicated GC COVID-positive test result line at (317) 477-4116 (this is a dedicated voicemail box and is not answered by school personnel) or email [email protected].
Please leave your student’s name, date of birth, date of test, and your telephone number and email address. A GC nurse will be in contact with you as soon as possible following notification.
If you have a child who is quarantined (either as a close contact or someone who had the virus), please make sure they are engaging in their classes while they are gone. Everyone should log into their google classroom according to the daily schedule, when at home, unless they are too sick to work.
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please email “Stop” to [email protected]
Greenfield Central Junior High School