Principals Update: April 12, 2021
Indiana schools will still require students to wear masks through the end of the school year. Please encourage your child to have a spare mask and to keep his/her mask on while at school.
- Weekly lesson plans posted by teachers.
- Indiana schools will still require students to wear masks through the end of the school year. Please encourage your child to have a spare mask and to keep it on while at school.
- If you are considering virtual school for your child next year, please follow this link to the 2021-22 Virtual School Parent Guide and application. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 16.
- ILEARN begins next week! We will test in the morning and follow a modified schedule, so students can get to every class for a shortened period of time. The tests are untimed and we have allotted the first two hours of each day for the tests. Please make sure your child is well rested, has his/her ipad charged each day, and brings a pair of plug-in headphones.
|Tues. 4/20 Day 1||Math– Computer Adaptive Test — non-calculator portion|
|Wed. 4/21 Day 2||Math –Computer Adaptive Test –calculator portion|
|Thurs. 4/22 Day 3||Math –Performance Task|
|Fri. 4/23 Day 4||Math make-upsBiology 1 Test (for 8th grade students enrolled in Biology 1)|
|Tues. 4/27 Day 5||ELA–Computer Adaptive Test|
|Wed. 4/28 Day 6||ELA –Performance Task #1|
|Thurs. 4/29 Day 7||ELA — Performance Task #2|
|April 30 and beyond||ILEARN make-ups|
- The Hancock County Children’s Theater is currently accepting applications for their summer program. If your child is interested in acting, singing, dancing, art, or theater tech, be sure to turn in an application. Go to hancockcountychildrenstheater.org and fill out an application.
- 2020-2021 Yearbooks are available for sale at this link.
Virtual School Information
- Important: If you are considering virtual school for your child next year, please follow this link to the 2021-22 Virtual School Parent Guide and application. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 16.
- ILEARN for virtual students is scheduled for April 19, 21, and 22, 1:45pm-4:15pm.
- If you are having technology trouble, email our tech team at [email protected]
- All students should be logged into Google classroom every day. We ask parents to check Powerschool and help to encourage your child to log in to Google Classroom daily, and complete all assigned work. Powerschool may not have an accurate schedule. Here is the daily schedule for students.
April 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, and 29: ILEARN Testing (onsite students)
Need assistance with a class? We encourage you to reach out to your teachers if you need some help with a class. Other options might include:
- Math tutoring after school each Tuesday and Thursday, 3:30pm-4:30pm.
- Please reach out to your school counselor for a copy of the corporation tutoring list.
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology’s Ask Rose tutoring services 7pm.-10pm, Sunday through Thursday 1-877-275-7673 or AskRose.org.
- Indiana Retired Teachers Association, 1pm.-5pm., Tuesday through Thursday 1-877-457-8839
1. The annual in-school physical night is April 15. We appreciate the partnership with Hancock Health as they will be staffing our event with members of their medical team. Please visit our website, by clicking the link below to get more information!
Date: Thursday, April 15th
Time: 5:00 to 9:00 pm
Appointments are required – using the sign up link on the website.
For Greenfield-Central students entering grades 6-12 for the 2021-2022 school year.
2. Contact Mr. Jeff Sincroft with any ECA/Athletics questions. [email protected]
If your child is home sick or is a close contact, we have asked teachers to continue to have their live classes in google meet, when possible. Make sure your child logs in from home for each class, according to their schedule. Some classes may just have simple instructions for the assignment, while others may be live for the whole period.
Please remind your child the importance of washing hands and wearing a mask over his/her mouth and nose while at school. We want to keep everyone safe and healthy.
If someone in your home is waiting for COVID test results, call our office and keep your child home until the results come back.
The COVID-19 Screening for Parents provided by the Indiana State Department of Health lists the following symptoms that will result in a student being sent home, or signal for a parent to keep a student home:
- Temperature of 100 or chills
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Cough or shortness of breath (especially new onset, uncontrolled cough)
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- Headache (particularly new onset of severe headache, especially with fever)
- New loss of taste or smell
This list does not include all possible symptoms. Other symptoms may be considered when determining when a student should stay home.
*If your child or someone in the household is waiting for test results, please do not send the children to school. Should your student or someone in the household test positive for COVID-19, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible.
You may call the dedicated GC COVID-positive test result line at (317) 477-4116 (this is a dedicated voicemail box and is not answered by school personnel) or email [email protected].
Please leave your student’s name, date of birth, date of test, and your telephone number and email address. A GC nurse will be in contact with you as soon as possible following notification.
If you have a child who is quarantined (either as a close contact or someone who had the virus), please make sure they are engaging in their classes while they are gone. Everyone should log into their google classroom according to the daily schedule, when at home, unless they are too sick to work.
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please email “Stop” to [email protected]
Greenfield Central Junior High School